System specs i7-7700K 4.20Ghz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB RAM, Windows 10 x64, 512 GB SSD boot drive, source video drive 1TB NVME SSD, 2 x 2TB HDD mirrored drive (output files only), Vegas Pro 18 (527), NVIDIA Studio Drivers 471.11
I have a1920 x 1080 50p muliticam project which totals 10 hours of footage for a number of concerts I recorded recently. The footage is a mix of MXF and MP4 footage, all captured at 1920 x 1080 50p. My main FX are brightness and contrast and some colour correction at event level.
I am using the Magix AVC/AAC MP4 Internet HD 1080p 50 fps (NVENC) render template. It’s currently rendering about 1 second of footage per minute (current speed is 0.44 fps), which by my calculations when I render out the full 10 hours for the entire project, it’s going to take 25 days!!!! The CPU is only running at around 13%, the GPU tinkers along at 3%, 11 GB of RAM is being used and disk I/O is mostly 0%, occassionally reading 1.6 mbps.
I have tried disabling GPU acceleration to no avail. Interestingly, if I open the same project and start a render using the same render settings, that project runs the CPU up to 80% BUT it is still rendering the second project at 0.5 fps.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be happening here?
If this question has been answered here I apologise, but the UI and search feature on the forum seems to have changed since I last posted here 🙂 and it brought up hits from 2010!
I did some digging and did a MediaInfo on the files where it was hitting a slowdown and it uses a CODEC called isom (iso4/avc1/isom) with a writing library of Quicktime. The MP4 file came off a BlackMagic ATEM ISO Pro live capture, so it looks like a CODEC used by BlackMagic, but I have no idea of how to get Vegas to process it better it during renders. As soon as it hits the cut to the camera using this CODEC, the CPU drops to 13% at less than <1 fps, but as soon as it hits an MXF file in the camera cuts in Vegas, it jumps back up to 60% and 30+ fps.
I don’t want to have to edit this project in DaVinci Resolve nor wait 25 days for a render. I do have DaVinci Resolve Studio legitimately installed on my system and I was still learning it, but it doesn’t seem to help, other than Vegas does understand the file and was able to ingest it.
I used Catalyst browse to transcode to mxf, avc-L, avc-i, AVCHD, and I ran into the same issue everytime that camera footage is referenced in the export/render stage.
The only thing I can think of is the Ultimate S Pro 4.1 plugin I am using for multicam is not compatible with Vegas Pro 18, but I have never ever seen anything like this before. Usually converting the footage fixes it, but not this time. I am stumped.
Turns out an update to SVP18 had clobbered the Ultimate S Pro 4.1 Plugin, and as John Rofrano is no longer maintaining it, I had to recreate the project in SVP15 by copying the markers and timelines and reapplying FX, colour grading. Rendered fine in multicam after that.