Cinematographer Jason McCormick breaks down his cinematography for the Netflix hit series, DAHMER – MONSTER: THE JEFFREY DAHMER STORY.
Jason and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the gritty cinematography, challenges of working with episodic directors, shooting with the Sony Venice, and we break down some of the series’ most brutal scenes.
What you will learn:
- Controversy of DAHMER (01:21)
- Storytelling techniques of DAHMER (07:13)
- Are locked off shots boring for cinematographers? (16:21)
- Shooting on the Sony Venice (23:46)
- Warm approach to lighting (32:27)
- Tribe Blackwing 7 lenses (40:21)
- How to deal with reflections in glasses (42:44)
- And more!
- YouTube video – https://youtu.be/tSIZPsnv7Wc
- Website – https://gocreativeshow.com/dahmer-cinematography-with-jason-mccormick/
- iTunes – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/go-creative-show/id539359582
- Subscribe – http://gocreativeshow.com/subscribe/
- Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/gocreativeshow
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/gocreativeshow/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/gocreativeshow/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/gocreativeshowpodcast/
- Audio Player – https://play.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/24761163/height/192/theme/modern/size/large/thumbnail/yes/custom-color/c62b2b/time-start/00:00:00/playlist-height/200/direction/backward/download/yes
Enjoying the news? Sign up for the Creative COW Newsletter!
Sign up for the Creative COW newsletter and get weekly updates on industry news, forum highlights, jobs, inspirational tutorials, tips, burning questions, and more! Receive bulletins from the largest, longest-running community dedicated to supporting professionals working in film, video, and audio.
Enter your email address, a first and last name, and let us know what you’d like to see more of in the message!