BLACK WIDOW marks the return of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Cinematographer Gabriel Beristain ASC BSC comes on to explain his filmmaking philosophy of treating the camera like a character.
Gabriel and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the visual references of the film, why Gabriel always used 3 cameras on set, not being ashamed of relying on filmmaking fundamentals, and more!
What you will learn:
- Responding to movie critiques (01:12)
- Visual references for BLACK WIDOW (04:36)
- The camera being a character (10:57)
- 3 camera setup on set (18:35)
- Not be ashamed to use filmmaking fundamentals (26:44)
- Shooting on the Sony Venice (33:32)
- Filming car chase scenes (38:23)
- Challenges on set of BLACK WIDOW (43:39)
- Lessons learned as a cinematographer (53:01)
- And more!
- Website – https://gocreativeshow.com/black-widow-cinematography-with-gabriel-beristain/
- iTunes – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/go-creative-show/id539359582
- Subscribe – http://gocreativeshow.com/subscribe/
- Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/gocreativeshow
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/gocreativeshow/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/gocreativeshow/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/gocreativeshowpodcast/
See what you’ve been missing! Sign up for the Creative COW Newsletter!
Stay on top of current trends! Get weekly updates on industry news, forum highlights, inspirational tutorials, tips, burning questions, and much much more! Receive updates from the largest, long-running community dedicated to supporting professionals working in film, video, and audio.
Enter your email address, a first and last name, and let us know what you’d like to see more of in the message!