Aaron Sorkin’s BEING THE RICARDOS is a masterful retelling of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz’s life on and off camera. Cinematographer Jeff Cronenweth ASC shares the camera, lighting and lenses he used to recreate vintage Hollywood and the iconic I Love Lucy stage.
Jeff and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss bringing energy to dialogue scenes through blocking and camera movement, breaking down some of the scenes in the film, the lenses and filtration used, and more!
What you will learn:
- Working with director Aaron Sorkin (02:41)
- Establishing several visual looks (10:09)
- Lighting the I Love Lucy set (22:19)
- Capturing the essence of I Love Lucy (35:22)
- Shooting on the RED Ranger with Arri DNA lenses (39:35)
- Energetic dialogue scenes through camera movement (44:56)
- Filming the opening in a unique way (54:21)
- And more!
- Website – https://gocreativeshow.com/being-the-ricardos-cinematography-with-jeff-cronenweth-asc/
- iTunes – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/go-creative-show/id539359582
- Subscribe – http://gocreativeshow.com/subscribe/
- Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/gocreativeshow
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/gocreativeshow/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/gocreativeshow/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/gocreativeshowpodcast/
- Audio Player – html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/21677357/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/c62b2b/
Enjoying this podcast? Sign up now for the Creative COW Newsletter!
Sign up for the Creative COW newsletter and get weekly updates on industry news, forum highlights, inspirational tutorials, tips, burning questions, and more! Receive bulletins from the largest, longest-running community dedicated to supporting professionals working in film, video, and audio.
Enter your email address, a first and last name, and let us know what you’d like to see more of in the message!