Studio Network Solutions (SNS), the world leader in shared storage, media asset management, and remote/cloud workflows for professional media teams, announced today that new EVO systems can be configured with up to 22TB enterprise-class HDDs, expanding the maximum storage capacity for the high-performance EVO shared storage workflow solution purpose-built for media production teams.
Ryan Stoutenborough, president at SNS, said: “By expanding EVO’s storage capacity, we are equipping production teams with unprecedented options to bring even more of their creative visions to life. In addition to high-performance shared storage, EVO delivers a complete creative workflow—with media asset management, transcoding, remote workflow, automations, project locking, NLE integrations, and more—so production teams can accelerate content creation and global collaboration.”
Eric Newbauer, CTO and co-founder at SNS, said: “SNS has relied on Ultrastar drives for over 15 years, with hundreds of thousands of installs around the world. After rigorous testing and qualification, we have now certified 22TB Ultrastar drives for new EVO systems and expanded capacity across the entire product line. This sets a new standard for performance, scalability, and workflow efficiency for media production teams worldwide.”
EVO solutions that can be configured with the newly qualified 22TB drives include new EVO 16 Bay, 8 Bay, 8 Bay Short Depth, Prodigy Desktop, and Nearline systems, as well as Expansion Chassis and Nearline Expansion Chassis.
Enhanced Storage Capacity for EVO Systems:
- EVO 16 Bay media servers now accommodate up to 352TB in a single, 3RU server solution. A fully configured 16-bay system now expands up to 1.76PB per node
- EVO 8 Bay and 8 Bay Short Depth solutions now support up to 176TB individually, and up to 528TB fully expanded.
- EVO Prodigy Desktop systems can store up to 88TB of media, projects, and other files in the new configuration—a great option for teams with limited or no rack space.
- EVO Nearline storage can be configured with 22TB drives for a maximum capacity of 352TB per server.
- Massive, multi-petabyte configurations are also available for maximum efficiency in less rack space
The qualification of Western Digital® Ultrastar® 22TB drives adds nearly 60% more storage capacity to select SNS EVO shared storage servers. Smaller drive sizes in both HDD and SSD configurations are also available. Learn more about EVO’s capacity, performance, and workflow tools at www.studionetworksolutions.com.
Enjoying the news? Sign up for the Creative COW Newsletter!
Sign up for the Creative COW newsletter and get weekly updates on industry news, forum highlights, jobs, inspirational tutorials, tips, burning questions, and more! Receive bulletins from the largest, longest-running community dedicated to supporting professionals working in film, video, and audio.
Enter your email address, and your first and last name below!