NDI®, a Vizrt Group brand, today unveiled NDI version 5 – a true revolution in video storytelling that turns the whole world into your studio. From the planet’s largest broadcasters to billions of smartphone users with a story to tell, NDI 5 makes it possible, for the first time in history, to connect to any device, in any location, anywhere in the world – allowing it to work with almost any video application in the world. Physical studios can connect to ones in the cloud and remote video production effectively becomes local.
“NDI is designed to harness the massive creative potential of software and networks, allowing anyone to work with video – and have fun doing it. All devices in the world are already connected. Now with NDI 5, you can easily build shows and share video between them, for free,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, president of Research and Development for the Vizrt Group.
New to the NDI Tools free download with NDI 5 is NDI Bridge. Forming a secure bridge between any NDI network regardless of location, NDI Bridge redefines the concept of ‘remote workflows,’ opening up a wealth of new opportunities for live video production.
Also new to NDI Tools, NDI Remote allows anyone using just a URL to contribute live audio and video using an Internet-connected device, like a camera phone or a web browser, to another point anywhere in the world. NDI Remote allows anyone, anywhere to contribute to a show – big or small.
The benefits of NDI’s optimized codec and transport protocols provide unparalleled ease of use across existing networks. Other selected benefits of NDI 5 are:
- NDI Audio Direct: Provides seamless integration of NDI audio into software-based audio workflows, be they across a local network, in the cloud or hybrid, setting your production free from the limitations of hardware audio mixers
- Reliable UDP: As part of NDI’s mission to make video easier everywhere, RUDP transfer makes WAN and WiFi connections more resilient with less configuration required
- Apple Support: Full support for Apple silicon systems, bringing full NDI capability to all macOS, iOS, tvOS and iPadOS devices for the first time
- Improved Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro support: Adobe Premiere and After Effects plugin now features improved audio workflow. Updated plug-in allows output for Final Cut Pro with real-time audio and video frame buffer output
- And Much More: Many other benefits are available, including support for genlock – even remotely, selection of network adapters, and more
To make NDI even more accessible to new and experienced users alike, the free NDI Tools download has been reimagined for NDI 5, with a fresh interface and intuitive guidance built in.
NDI®|HX Camera App Giveaway
NDI is delighted to be making 10,000 NDI®|HX Camera app downloads free of charge (normally $19.99 USD) so more people can experience the liberating creativity that NDI inspires the world over. This is a limited time offer. Download today from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
NDI® 5 and Adobe® Creative Cloud® Remove All Physical Distance Between Video Editor and Playout
NDI for Adobe® Creative Cloud® enables editors and producers to bring Adobe Premiere® Pro into their local live productions’ workflows and collaboration for review and approval. With NDI 5, these workflows open up beyond the local area network so editors and artists can use NDI for live production and collaboration across multiple offices and locations – including their homes.
“The ability to send video over NDI to anywhere in the world over an internet connection is a huge step forward for creatives,” said Sue Skidmore, head of partner relations for Adobe Video. “With NDI for Adobe Creative Cloud, video professionals and creators can collaborate more closely as they create and shape visual stories – regardless of their physical location – speeding up and streamlining workflows.”