Forum Replies Created

Page 1197 of 1278
  • Walter Soyka

    August 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm in reply to: Fx Factory and After effect crash

    [Maik Diederen] “I removed manual the plugins in after effects like you said. After effects runs again only when i activate AE load16 plugins with the message: THE PLUGIN COULD NOT BE LOADED”

    As I suggested earlier — it may not be FxFactory that’s causing the problem. Have you rebuilt the AE preferences?

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Walter Soyka

    August 5, 2010 at 1:12 pm in reply to: save my small effects for reuse

    [Gerardo Flores] “do you have any way to see in adobe bridge the pre-visualization
    of what it is inside of one after effects project??”

    If I understood Joe’s post correctly, he renders elements out to movie files and uses Bridge to preview them.

    [Gerardo Flores] “do you use any specific steps before to save any presets???
    I mean this it is important if I want to save for example
    all the effects that one single layer have …”

    See Save an animation preset in the help. You just select the properties you want to save (making sure that properties you don’t want to save are deselected).

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Walter Soyka

    August 4, 2010 at 9:24 pm in reply to: VCR Pause Effect

    Now that you mention it, I can’t really remember what a crummy paused VHS deck looks like, either.

    That said, perhaps one of these bad TV looks will help you:

    https://aescripts.com/bad-tv/
    https://www.digieffects.com/product/damage
    https://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/holomatrix/

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Walter Soyka

    August 4, 2010 at 9:16 pm in reply to: re creating the room in this Inception Scene.

    Check out AE’s Grid generator effect and the COW’s Cool 3D Room tutorial.

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Walter Soyka

    August 4, 2010 at 8:01 pm in reply to: Audio clip restarts when rendered in composition

    [Danny Soderberg] “It was my impression that you shouldn’t use WAV files on Macs. Is this a bad assumption?”

    This used to be true, but for the most part, Macs and PCs now handle both AIFF and WAV.

    Until this bug is fixed, Adobe’s recommended workaround is transcoding AIFF to WAV on both platforms.

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Walter Soyka

    August 4, 2010 at 4:31 pm in reply to: animating a number

    [Simon Jones] “I have a problem I need to create an animated texture that is applied to a 3d model. The texture has to start from 1 up to 180 but it has to stay on each number for 9 frames… Is there any other way for me to do this, taking into account i know very little about scripting but i’m more than willing to learn. Can anyone help/Point me in the right direction?”

    You don’t need scripting, but you will need expressions.

    Dan Ebberts has very graciously made some sample code for a very flexible counter available online.

    Quickly simplifying this to count up by 1, from 1, every 9 frames, we get:

    frames = 9;
    clockStart = 1;
    rate = (1/thisComp.frameDuration) / frames;
    clockTime = clockStart + rate*(time - inPoint);
    Math.floor(clockTime);

    Alt-click (Option-click on a Mac) on the stopwatch for the Source Text property of a text layer and paste that code in.

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Walter Soyka

    August 4, 2010 at 2:00 pm in reply to: Audio clip restarts when rendered in composition

    See this Adobe TechNote: Audio playback or RAM preview is scrambled or jumps around in After Effects CS5 or Premiere Pro CS

    Although AIFF has worked in After Effects for as long as I can remember, this is a new and known bug in AE10. The solution is to transcode to WAV.

    I find it shocking that this major bug made it into production, and encourage you to submit a bug report.

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Walter Soyka

    August 4, 2010 at 1:55 pm in reply to: save my small effects for reuse

    [Steve Roberts] “Make a small project…”

    To add to Steve’s suggestion of making a small project, you could alternately make a project small with Reduce project.

    You might also consider collecting files and reducing to gather all your media files into one place for easier reuse and transport.

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Perhaps the Echo effect will do what you need?

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

  • Walter Soyka

    August 4, 2010 at 1:18 am in reply to: FCP interface gray

    [Alan Okey] “I can’t stand FCP’s bright interface. Ideally, I would love to see the color scheme of FCP’s GUI resemble that of Smoke or Combustion. I’m a firm believer that the interface should disappear and not distract from the task at hand.”

    I couldn’t agree more! This would be a very welcome feature!

    I have just submitted some feedback to Apple, and I hope each of you might consider doing the same:

    https://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

    Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Page 1197 of 1278

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy