Forum Replies Created

Page 135 of 422
  • Ty Ford

    October 30, 2012 at 9:55 pm in reply to: Canon 5d MarkII + Tascam DR100mkII record 48 kHz or 96 kHz?

    Hello David and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

    I’d say stick with 48kHz.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    October 29, 2012 at 7:22 pm in reply to: Azden 330 ULT SUCKS! Sound cuts out while recording!

    Raf,

    Could you be suffering from Crapitus Headphonitis?

    The Sony MDR 7506 headphones are about the most sensitive headphones out there. They are great for other reasons as well. A pair may help you hear what’s going on better.

    $99 most everywhere.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    October 29, 2012 at 5:49 pm in reply to: Azden 330 ULT SUCKS! Sound cuts out while recording!

    Hi Raf,

    Welcome to the Cow Audio Forum. Richard is correct. Monitor the wireless receiver at the camera headphone output. That’s really the only way you know the audio is getting there. If it sounds bad there, you need to do something before it gets there.

    I once had a shooter tell me “all the audio guys say my camera sounds like cr*p, don’t worry.

    Later, he told me he thought my mixer was causing problems. I actually went through the process and assured him it wasn’t. Then he did a bit of looking around and was honest enough to tell me his camera was broken.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    October 28, 2012 at 2:41 am in reply to: Todays interesting project

    Hello Peter,

    If you run into anything like that, I’ll do what I can.

    Regards,

    Ty


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    October 26, 2012 at 1:53 am in reply to: Anyone interested in Isotope rx tips and techniques

    Peter,

    Sweet! Thanks and please thank Mike for us.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    October 25, 2012 at 4:38 pm in reply to: Any mic you want!

    Hello Tom,

    I have not heard this particular mic modeler, but I have heard others. They do things with frequency response, harmonic content and other aspects of a signal, but I seem them as mostly a gimmick.

    Pure physics and human engineering prevent them from making an SM58 sound like a U 87i.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Hello Neil,

    I think this points up the importance of what happens with too much distributed attention, e.g. When your eyes, ears, brain and body get spread too thin.(ly).

    If you had another person on the crew with some audio chops, he/she might have prevented the mistake.

    It’s always challenging to make your way from the bottom of the aquarium to the top. Somewhere, at some point, you need to add qualified people to make the magic happen. I think this was one of those times.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    October 25, 2012 at 12:35 am in reply to: Audio-Technica ATR6550 Hissing?

    Hello Justin and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

    I know the mic is mono. I believe the camera input is stereo, right?

    You can’t plug a mono mic into a stereo input. You need some sort of adapter that converts a mono mic plug into one that will feed a stereo input.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    October 22, 2012 at 7:00 pm in reply to: Mic Placement for Video Interviews

    Right on Will!

    I have 2 real sound blankets and a number of other smaller pieces just to take the sting out of the reverberant sound. It is a PITA to wrangle them. Will, do you know the Tootise Roll trick for rolling them up? I just ran across it this year and it really makes moving the blankets around a lot easier.

    One studi oI frequently work out of has several rolls of indoor/outdoor carpet that I lay on the cement floor that’s not part of the set. All of it helps knock the echo down.

    One of my favorite stories is about the shoot in the concrete parking garage. They bought helium and balloons and filled up enough to cover the ceiling.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    October 21, 2012 at 2:14 pm in reply to: What causes out of sync? using dslr and h4n zoom

    Hello Grant and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

    Thanks so much for bringing this issue to the Cow and letting us thrash it out with you.

    That you were able to have sync for that long with your set up, I find unusual, damn lucky and good for you!

    What’s changed? I like the idea that an unintended menu flip did it. Can you reset the camera to it’s original settings? (noting the customs you have made, so you can get back to them.)

    Could also be that, over time, the values of the circuitry of your two clocks have shifted a little.

    Please do keep us in the loop as you discovery continues.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader


    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

Page 135 of 422

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy