Forum Replies Created

Page 127 of 402
  • Todd Terry

    March 25, 2014 at 2:09 am in reply to: Fast paced effect

    [Philippe Gosselin] “…it will do so at an almost accelerated speed…”

    At first blush sounds like just a speed ramp, applied in post. But that would be actual accelerated speed, not almost accelerated.

    Have to admit I’m not quite sure what “almost” accelerated is (I would think that acceleration is something that either is or isn’t). Can you post or link an example of what you are tying to replicate?

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

  • Todd Terry

    March 21, 2014 at 5:20 pm in reply to: Protecting audio file

    I meant to add this story in my previous post, but forgot…

    Couple of weeks ago an agency sent us a radio spot they’d produced. This spot was already airing, and they wanted us to listen to it so we could concept a corresponding television spot.

    We listened to it a couple of times, and something just didn’t sound quite right. I finally figured it out… every 10 seconds you could hear a faint female voice saying “Audio Jungle!.”

    Yes, they’d ripped and used a watermarked music track in their piece.

    And this was a professional advertising agency.

    Not only illegal, and sad… but just plain bad.

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

  • Todd Terry

    March 21, 2014 at 5:13 pm in reply to: Protecting audio file

    Not to be a killjoy about that technology, but if there is any way to play it back in full res, even just once, the hack around the copy protection is easy.

    Play it, just use TotalRecorder (or another of several softwares) to record it “live,” and you’ve ripped it.

    Frankly we used to do this all the time with music companies to test out different tracks before we decided which to use (and buy)… even if the files weren’t downloadable (which they often weren’t), we’d just play them off their websites and record them at the same time. Sounded great.

    Now we are painfully honest and never used a track without paying for it… but I always thought how easy it would be to do so for less trustworthy types.

    So I don’t think any kind of copy protection is nearly as secure as a watermark.

    Or you can just work with clients that you trust not to screw you over.

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

  • Todd Terry

    March 20, 2014 at 9:31 pm in reply to: How many go-pros are needed to shoot a 360?

    If you just stack them in a cluster you don’t need four, three should do.

    I have two of them in front of me now and could almost get away with that. Field of view isn’t quite 180°, but not a long way from it.

    I had never used GoPros before until a shoot last week… I’d been holding out even trying until they made a 24p version (and why the heck did that take so long?). I have to say they were pretty fun, we had multiple Hero3+ Black ones…. although we did brick one of them trying to do a firmware update which led to an emergency trip hauling ass to Best Buy to get another.

    I did find the look to be quite unpleasantly fisheyed, but if I added the Premiere filter “Lens Distortion” and turned the “Curvature” setting down to -28, then all lines were straight as an arrow.

    If they would just give you manual shutter control via the GroPro app (or in any way), then you’d have something. I just can stand the strobby look of the high shutter speeds which crank up in sunlight.

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

  • Todd Terry

    March 20, 2014 at 6:32 pm in reply to: Protecting audio file

    A lot of music companies (and voice actors, too) watermark their audio tracks with a beep or tone every so often…. maybe a 2-frame tone every 15 seconds or so.

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

  • Todd Terry

    March 20, 2014 at 3:47 pm in reply to: Camtree / Proaim led light experience?

    I dunno… as I said above, I’ve never had one die. I ran a test once and got bored after 8 hours and turned it off. It was still going then.

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

  • Todd Terry

    March 20, 2014 at 1:52 am in reply to: Need REAL Stock Footage Resource

    iStock is indeed owned by Getty, but they are not at all the same nor have the same catalog (although yes there is some overlap). So just because you didn’t find it in iStock, doesn’t mean you might not find it at Getty.

    But yes, Getty is much much much more expensive.

    Did I mention more expensive?

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

  • Todd Terry

    March 19, 2014 at 2:24 am in reply to: 30 Degree Rule

    Horizontal only.

    For most work where this applies (shooting a conversation around a table, etc.), unless it was done for specific effect you’d likely not want to change the vertical much at all… much less 30°.

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

  • Man, I haven’t thought about that in, oh, 20 years or so either.

    I couldn’t say if anyone still does it, I haven’t heard of it being done in a long long time.

    I never diffused with pantyhose myself, but I knew guys who did. And for SOME reason I still remember the exact brand/style of choice, the one that people used to swear by… “Liz Claiborne Ultra Sheer Black.”

    WHY would I remember that? Who knows… sometimes a tiny piece of insignificant knowledge sticks in one’s brain.

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

  • Todd Terry

    March 13, 2014 at 6:14 pm in reply to: Camtree / Proaim led light experience?

    I couldn’t say the exact model of the battery plates that I used… they were ones I had laying around from other projects or off of other things.

    You can readily buy them though, I think if you get them from AB they are about a hundred bucks… but they are available far cheaper on eBay…

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-3-Stud-Anton-Bauer-Gold-Mount-Battery-ENG-Camera-Plate-Replacement-/360602969846?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item53f59ca6f6

    T2

    __________________________________
    Todd Terry
    Creative Director
    Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
    fantasticplastic.com

Page 127 of 402

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy