Steve Roberts
Forum Replies Created
-
AE 6.5 doesn’t support photoshop filters, by the way.
Steve
-
Search the COW for “secret prefs”, then get back to us.
Steve
-
Remove Grain a great effect that samples the existing noise in a clip, then basically creates an algorithm that is the opposite of that noise.
Some “remove grain” tips:
1. You can tweak the areas from which the noise to be removed is sampled by viewing “samples” instead of “preview”. If they’re over the wrong frame in the clip, you can change the sampled frame in the effect controls under “samples” I think. You can also manually place the samples over large broad areas of color if you want.
2. Enable Temporal fltering. (I think that’s what it’s called — I’m not at the AE station.)
3. Feel free to tweak the amount of noise reduction.
4. Take a snapshot with the effect off, then apply the effect and tweak, possibly while viewing the full effect, not “preview”. To see the “before” look, view the snapshot (F5).It’s a great effect, but if the clip is really noisy, it can end up just looking blurry with the effect applied. That can be a good look, though.
Steve
-
[Y.D.] “Are you saying that I need to import the mp3 in quickime to save it to .wav or .aif then import in AE?”
Yep. Just search the COW on “MP3” and you’ll see the same advice expressed many times. 🙂
I’m not sure why you’ve been able to import MP3s directly in the past. Hmph.
Steve
-
It’s a jargon thing: Anything that is compressed has to decompress for us to hear it, or for another app to do anything with it.
However, since MP3 is a lossy compressor, when the file is decompressed, the loss remains. In other words, it cannot be returned to its original quality.
So when exporting to WAV, its quality does not improve.
So if we get audio from the recording studio, there’s no way we’d ask for MP3s. The quality loss is irreversible.
HTH
Steve -
Don’t import MP3s. Use Quicktime to export the MP3 as AIFF or WAV, then import that into AE.
Steve
-
[Andy Burmeister] “check out
https://www.reidroberts.com/aeprojects/
“Faux Raytraced Reflections”(In order to save the project file right-click, save as and change the .htm to .aep)”
Yeah, sorry … I still haven’t fixed that “htm/aep save” thing yet. 🙂
Steve -
My pea-sized brain recalls that the Cycore guys developed the original FEC. Next it was sold to Metacreations, ICE then Media 100. As Media 100 let the plugs die (basically), maybe the original license reverted to allowing the Cycore guys to take over the plugs again. So we have CC effects in AE and the Cycore HD stuff. On the other hand, it also seems that Boris bought FEC from Media 100, so we have two similar (if not mostly identical) sets of plugs around.
Bear in mind, this comes from my generally faulty memory, and not from recent research. I’d write Cycore and Boris anyway, to see what they have to say. Also, have you searched the COW on this?
Steve
-
“Animation preset” replaces “favorite”. It’s the same thing, but it can save more stuff now.
Steve
-
(chirp, chirp)
Nope, it’s 4 singles, one double. Odd. And I have no idea what this thing was before it got to me, except that is was part of a jungle-themed assembly of 3 or 4 clips with dissolves.
I haven’t contacted NGS because they take a long time to return your calls even when you’re buying! Geeeez.
As for our simian friend, I tamed him by time-remapping the clip. I found that the count went 0-1-2-3-4-4-6-7-8-9-10-10 … so I kept the TR key at 0, then added one at 4 and 6, and deleted the last KF. Next, I dragged the KF at 6 back to 5, then added a loop(offset) expression to keep it going. It worked quite well.
Thanks anyway, Jon!
Steve