Forum Replies Created

Page 142 of 594
  • Try Leave Color or Change To Color.

  • Steve Roberts

    December 1, 2007 at 1:16 pm in reply to: motion blur problems

    Is motion blur switched on for both the layer and the comp?

  • Steve Roberts

    December 1, 2007 at 1:15 pm in reply to: Audio with Wireframe Preview?

    In AE7 at least, select the layer(s) you want to see in wireframe, then hit composition>preview>wireframe preview. Make sure your layer with audio has its little speaker switched on.

  • Steve Roberts

    December 1, 2007 at 12:15 pm in reply to: 3D stoke tracking walking guy…?

    Try searching the COW for “track vertices”. I believe there is a script that will allow you to attach tracked points to mask vertices.

  • Yep, you need 4 different comps.

  • Steve Roberts

    November 30, 2007 at 5:31 pm in reply to: Animating for a Cone! LED surface.

    Ah — I see. Then continuity between the sections isn’t an issue … just seamless wrapping around each section.

    And we have the same number of LEDs at the top of a section as at the bottom, but they will be spaced farther apart at the bottom of each section, no? Hmm … how to map that …? If you don’t mind distorting things so they’re wider at the bottom, then simply placing animations on the ziggurat map would work.

    Otherwise, to make rectangles look like rectangles on the tree, they should look like top-heavy trapezoids on the ziggurat, I’d think. You could do that with corner pin, I guess. Maybe then, you could just use the offset (or motion tile) effect to mirror-tile the animation at the ends …?

  • Steve Roberts

    November 30, 2007 at 4:34 pm in reply to: Animating for a Cone! LED surface.

    So it’s sort of like cylinder-mapping a discrete number of cylinders? Like a wedding cake?

    If so, I can see a definite “stepping” effect when an animated object moves up to the next cyclinder … so I see an issue not just with seamless mapping around the cone, but being seamless within the cone.

    Since the tree will be a cone, ideally you’d need a cylinder that’s the height of one string of LEDs, if we imagine a tree made up of all LEDs. But that’s not the case, apparently.

    If I were you, I’d have no animations crossing the boundaries between the levels. Then you’d just have to worry about the distortion involved within each level.

    Actually, I’m concerned that whoever designed this system hasn’t seen how it maps to a cone. In my opinion, the diagram should not look like a ziggurat, but like a series of warped, concave-upward surface developments. Sort of like this (https://www.hsecc.co.za/posters/inter2.pdf ) but sideways, u-shaped. Imagine each level, with the ends warped upward. But then that probably could not be mapped cylindrically.

    Anyway, I definitely think you’ll need to “rehearse” the mapping with a 3D cone.

  • Steve Roberts

    November 29, 2007 at 11:15 pm in reply to: free transform in After effects?

    Corner Pin.

  • Steve Roberts

    November 29, 2007 at 10:06 pm in reply to: Animating for a Cone! LED surface.

    Of course, that makes perfect sense.

    It may be possible to test the image-to-LED mapping projection process by mapping test images to a cone in a 3D app. Flat projection? Which axis? That will determine what the movie looks like: a circle? A wedge?

    So I echo Kevin’s question: how are you mapping the image to the LEDs?

  • Steve Roberts

    November 29, 2007 at 9:33 pm in reply to: use 3d max or C4D with AE

    Do itashimashite!

    (^_^)

Page 142 of 594

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy