Forum Replies Created

Page 310 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    February 15, 2012 at 6:17 pm in reply to: There’s a lot if Nvidia + Mac rumors floating around

    [Helmut Kobler] “I installed the card, and for the life of me, couldn’t see any performance improvement in general FCP X operation over my nearly 3 year old card. I didn’t test exporting because it wasn’t that important to me, but I looked for any improvements in scrolling speed, in timeline rendering, in zoom in and out on the timeline, etc. Nothing improved. I ended up keeping the 32GB of ram because it was cheap and gave me more headroom for running multiple apps, but I returned the 5870. “

    Great timing, I was just thinking of doing exactly the same!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 15, 2012 at 11:57 am in reply to: Success Story?

    Just moved a feature project to another drive, 2500 clips, FCPX struggled to reconnect all the clips on the first pass and only managed about 50%, had to do the remaining clips in batches of 200 but at least it worked.

    In the process of doing this I also managed to corrupt the event file, FCPX asked me if I wanted to revert to the saved backup and that worked too.

    I know it’s basic functionality, but it’s still good to know there is a level of disaster recovery available.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 14, 2012 at 1:47 pm in reply to: A glimpse of the future?

    [Alan Lacey] “Looks like a lot more work flying arms around than a simple A5 wacom”

    Might keep us a bit fitter though!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 13, 2012 at 10:43 pm in reply to: Beach ball for 2min 6 times an hr.

    I’ve found longer sequences can slow down very quickly, if you can, split into 2 projects and see if that helps, also turn off background rendering if you haven’t already

    Are you using any third party filters or effects?
    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 13, 2012 at 9:19 pm in reply to: Beach ball for 2min 6 times an hr.

    More details please, amount of footage, codec, project length, event size etc

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 13, 2012 at 8:25 pm in reply to: Found another thing I didn’t know about.

    I found that as well last week, I don’t remember it from the previous version. As you say it’s a very useful tool.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Firewire should be fine for AVCHD, just make sure you set background rendering to “off” and only render when you need to.

    TBolt drives will drop in price eventually

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 12, 2012 at 11:47 pm in reply to: I hate it!

    When you know how to use it the timeline in FCPX is not restrictive, you can “paint” all you want with it.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 12, 2012 at 6:54 pm in reply to: Success Story?

    Very reassuring to know it works, thanks for posting

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 12, 2012 at 6:28 pm in reply to: Free FCPX Effect – TKY Over Exposure Rescue 1.0

    [Simon Ubsdell] “I’ve got no excuse really, apart from that fact that it’s fun!”

    You keep having fun then!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

Page 310 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy