Shane Ross
Forum Replies Created
-
I’ll be calling it FCX for the rest of my days…
🙂
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
Shane Ross
June 30, 2017 at 4:49 pm in reply to: Avid Finally Drops Free Media Composer Software — Here’s What to Expect[Michael Gissing] “an editor friend on FB that said you can’t export or import AAF or XML”
You can’t export an XML from the full Avid either… It’s not in it’s wheelhouse. AAF export is mainly used for audio and to get to Resolve. The point of Avid First is to learn how to use Avid, for free. DO be able to do self contained projects to figure out how to learn the app the TV and Feature people use…
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
Sorry, seems just more of “if you don’t like it…you just don’t get it. Those who do get it are rare, creative individuals who are simply better than you are.” At least that’s what I got from the Kickstarter video.
We get it. FCX is new, it’s innovative. It works well for A LOT of people. It caused a huge rift, it upset a lot of people. I think most of us are over that now. Do I really want to see people STILL telling me “this is really great, this is the future. And if you don’t use this you are an aging dinosaur fuddy-duddy. All those who still use Avid and Adobe just can’t see the light…”
Has the feel of a marketing video. Not sure why Apple hasn’t thrown funding at it….
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
Use Compressor, and then the QuickTime 7 Web Download for LAN. See what that does.
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
That’s exactly what I did last September, I made one. Biggest issue with that is updates. You have to be very careful about doing them, and sometimes, you might not be able to. Currently I can’t update my box to Sierra, so I can download the latest FCX…and that is an issue.
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
Sorry, not familiar with that audio interface. When you use a video IO with Avid, Avid sends the audio to that IO box…period. NO way around that. If you can connect your audio interface to the IO box, you are good to go. But I don’t know that box
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
Shane Ross
June 24, 2017 at 12:52 am in reply to: Project setting for 720 59.94 footage but delivering in 10801080p. And scale up your footage in the timeline. Avid does a decent job of scaling.
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
Shane Ross
June 24, 2017 at 12:51 am in reply to: Project setting for 720 59.94 footage but delivering in 10801080p. And scale up your footage in the timeline. PPro does a great job of scaling.
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
As a member of the creative market, I’d rather they release another MacPro tower with slots for drives and GPU and IO cards…
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def -
If it were that easy, then people would do this and never pay to use it. Alas, no, you can’t do this.
Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def