Forum Replies Created

Page 109 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    July 25, 2017 at 6:17 pm in reply to: GoPro file unknown

    What are you using to convert? What’s the frame rate of the GoPro footage? Frame size? I know GoPro can shoot odd frame rates and sizes.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    July 25, 2017 at 5:21 pm in reply to: Smart Rendering confusion

    I don’t know the solution to your question, but I do know your method will compromise any link to the camera masters. NO way to match back to the camera masters as no original data will transfer using this method. The file you make will have to be your new master, and should be archived in at least 2 locations.

    You can try to use Resolve to do this. But again, it’ll be a new source without any link to the camera masters.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    July 24, 2017 at 7:45 pm in reply to: Flattened XML export?

    Ah…yeah, you have it down. I never round trip back to FCX…the final is rendered out of Resolve for the stuff I do. Guess I should toy with sending it back. I wonder how the text would hold up? I have to tweak what I get from FCX…

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    July 24, 2017 at 7:19 pm in reply to: Flattened XML export?

    Text and audio separate? Hmmm…guess I have to try that. I like having text with the picture so I’m sure it’s lined up properly, but that export you laid out might work too.

    The smoothest project I had from FCX to Resolve happened to be prepped by the best FCX assistant editor in the business. Everything linked up properly (well, stills always an issue, but we have a solution for that), the text was separate…reference QT for audio (as we have a pro mix that delivers stems later)…and then a separate full res QT export that’s stills only. If there are any plugins or transitions used in the cut that won’t transfer, I request a full res QT export of the project as well. Well…I always ask for that, just in case.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    July 24, 2017 at 7:09 pm in reply to: Is drop frame needed / relevant anymore?

    If you shoot and cut 23.98, then it’s NDF (Non-Drop Frame) anyway, there is no such thing as 23.98 DF. That only exists in the 30fps world (well…59.94i or 29.97p). But then those of us in broadcast who need to get 23.98 to meet actual broadcast timings to a “T” need to either calculate what end time we need 23.98 to be to meet 29.97 DF timing…or use hand things like in Avid that allow us to monitor the 29.97 DF timing in a 23.98 project.

    Drop Frame timing won’t be going away any time soon, not until broadcast dies completely…and even then, distributors for the web might still require DF timing. I’ve cut two projects that were web only and they still insisted on DF for accurate timing.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    July 24, 2017 at 7:02 pm in reply to: Flattened XML export?

    Yeah, we just need to make sure that the editors actually do this. I get many compound clips from FCX and I need to undo them manually myself, to discover 2-3 video clips mixed in with text. Sure, I can do this, it’s just that I’m more expensive than the editor. But I tend to do this anyway, as FCX timelines come in so messy anyway…because Apple doesn’t believe in tracks. I need to scour the timeline and move all the text up to higher tracks that I tend to undo many Secondary Timeline compounded clips in order to make sure things go where they should while I’m at it.

    Sorry, it’s still the thing about FCX that bothers the crap out of me. I like things neat and tidy, and to have text just sitting on top of clips, or combined in secondaries is just messy.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    July 24, 2017 at 6:43 pm in reply to: final cut 7 on mac OS 10.12 Sierra.

    What Warren said…I do this as I still find myself working on projects that originated in FCP 7. Just yesterday, in fact…

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    July 24, 2017 at 6:42 pm in reply to: GoPro file unknown

    Sorry Dave, GoPro cameras have been around a lot longer than you think. They were in heavy use when FCP 7 was still being made and updated.

    No, the problem is that FCP 7 doesn’t always like the H.264 codec…which is what the GoPro uses. You need to convert that to ProRes and then import into FCP 7. Use Compressor for this, or media encoder or EditReady…any number of converters. But convert to ProRes 422 or ProRes LT before you bring it into FCP 7

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    July 23, 2017 at 9:27 pm in reply to: Importing P-2 media into Media Composer 8.4.5

    AH…yes. AMA link became LINK MEDIA became SOURCE BROWSER.

    OK, when you try to LINK MEDIA, you need to manually select the P2 AMA plugin, it can’t be on AUTOSELECT. And make sure you have that installed…shoot, if you NEED that installed. At some point it was just installd, integrated. So many versions, so fast. But yes, try to manually select the P2 plugin.

    I too get the BITMAP low res pics (thumbnails) of the footage when I use the source browser, but I also get the footage as well.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    July 22, 2017 at 9:23 pm in reply to: Importing P-2 media into Media Composer 8.4.5

    Use the SOURCE BROWSER…navigate to the folder that contains the P2 card contents…so the base folder that has CONTENTS and LASTCLIP.txt file…choose that, and then click LINK

    I just tested this…

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Page 109 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy