Forum Replies Created

Page 105 of 189
  • Sean Oneil

    August 14, 2007 at 4:52 pm in reply to: Freerun Broken?

    This is a screenshot of what I’m seeing:
    https://www.crosscreekentertain.com/ETT_Noise.jpg

    It looks like this when I open it no matter what the capture/plaback setting is, and no matter what is hooked up. Even if nothing is plugged in.

    Freerun or Ref In (from a working blackburst) makes no difference.

  • Sean Oneil

    August 14, 2007 at 6:02 am in reply to: Freerun Broken?

    [JeremyG] “Where do you see this? In the AJA Control Panel? I can check tomorrow.”

    Yes, it’s in the Control Panel. There’s are multiple options. One of them is “black” (what I have it set to) and the other is “input passthrough” (which sounds like what you have it set to).

    I’m seeing the lines/noise/garbage on ETT even if I’m working in 1080i or 525i. I know what you’re talking about, how it defaults to 1080i or whatever. But my monitor and my Easy Setup are 1080i, and I still see garbage on the screen.

    I’ll test it more tomorrow. And I’ll trash the Kona and QT prefs.

    I feel bad they sent me a new card and it didn’t solve it. This is most likely a problem with FCP, QT, OSX, or the Kona software.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    August 13, 2007 at 10:06 pm in reply to: Freerun Broken?

    [JeremyG] “Static. If I have an input hooked in, I see whatever’s coming from that. I do have reference coming in too.”

    What do you have set under “Control -> Default Video Output”?

  • Sean Oneil

    August 13, 2007 at 10:02 pm in reply to: Freerun Broken?

    [Rory Hinds] “I think this is a software problem as 2 boards can’t be broken, surely.”

    Make that 4 boards. I just got my replacement and it’s doing the same thing.

    It’s not just freerun either. I hooked up our blackburst to the ref in just to see if anything was different. And it’s still doing it.

    I tried making sure nothing was connected. The mini-SDI cable isn’t even attached. I get a nasty flashing lightshow wtih ETT. Green and pink lines. If I’m working on a project, then it also flashes ghost images of whatever video is in the viewer at the time.

  • Sean Oneil

    August 13, 2007 at 6:00 am in reply to: AJA & Blackmagic use same UC right?

    [Shane Ross] “Then why do I hear the argument these days that Decklinks codecs are so much cleaner? IF they are all just Apple codecs….”

    If you transcode to Uncompressed from a different colorspace (like 4:1:1 DV25), then apparently the BMD codec does a better job at chroma upsampling.

    But if you’re talking about SDI/HD-SDI capture from a 4:2:2 source, then they will be identical.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    August 13, 2007 at 5:54 am in reply to: Freerun Broken?

    [Rory Hinds] “AJA send out a new card which arrived on Friday but the problem was not fixed with the replacement.”

    Yikes! That makes me nervous.

    Your problem does sound similar to mine.

    AJA tech support told me that if you have the card in freerun, and you open edit to tape, you should only see black in that window. And I have to agree, that’s how it should work. So that’s why he decided to send me a new one.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    August 13, 2007 at 5:48 am in reply to: Freerun Broken?

    Kona version 4.0. Mac Pro Quad 2.66. 4gb RAM. FCS 2 with all the updates. QT 7.02. OS X 10.4.9.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    August 13, 2007 at 5:46 am in reply to: Freerun Broken?

    [Bob Zelin] “Sean, you have never gotten “channel error “lights on your DVW-500 ? You have never had audio distortion before from your embedded or AES audio ? You have never had your audio mysteriously disappear on your DVW-500 ? These are all classis symptoms of no reference into the DVW-500 ?”

    Never. I guess I’m lucky. There’s a menu setting as well for selecting video sync. I don’t remember where or exactly what it is.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    August 11, 2007 at 5:56 pm in reply to: Freerun Broken?

    Not true at all sir.

    Quite a few Blackmagic products do not have a reference input. Decklink standard, Decklink HD, Decklink HD Extreme. And the HD Plus only has tri-level, no regular ref. While their other cards do have a genlock, despite what you say none of them require the use of it. Neither does the Kona 3. You can select freerun or video-in sync.

    I have a DVW-500. There’s a little switch on the slide out panel to select video input as your sync source instead of ref. It’s been switched on that way for almost 10 years, since the Media 100 days (which also had a genlock input which I never needed to use before).

    House sync is completely unnecessary unless you need to sync multiple pieces of equipment that are running off different clocks. Connecting a single VTR to a single NLE doesn’t fall into that category.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    August 11, 2007 at 5:25 pm in reply to: Fibre Channel Dying?

    Understandable. That’s what the cool kids are saying now.

    Sean

Page 105 of 189

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy