Forum Replies Created

Page 134 of 245
  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 10, 2008 at 2:51 pm in reply to: Kansas firm sells candid Wal-Mart videos

    I hope that Flagler gets nailed to the wall and that the pain of their idiocy haunts them for the rest of their lives. This is one of the biggest breaches of trust I have ever seen — well, other than the American political system.

    Wal-Mart has a right to privacy and when they hired this company, I am sure that privacy was one of the terms and conditions. (I am NOT condoning WM’s business practices, that is a different issue. To be honest, I don’t like WM and think they destroy local economies.)

    I have no doubt in my mind that this is nothing more than a money-grabbing ploy by a bitter loser and if Wal-Mart had not dumped Flagler, I don’t believe that we’d be seeing this stuff today.

    Shame on them. What unprofessional hacks, they give the corporate video industry a bad name and this hurts everyone’s reputation (as I am sure this will cause a lot of mistrust in the industry). I hope they get what they truly deserve — and that isn’t anything nice, I tell you.

    Creeps, pure creeps, in my opinion.

    Yours may vary.

    Ron Lindeboom

    PS: Me dear ole sainted Dad always warned me that two wrongs don’t make a right. Boy this sure shows that one to great effect.

    PSS: But three wrongs squared, to the fourth power, DO make a right — according to Gary Larson (who isn’t my Dad).

  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 7, 2008 at 3:03 pm in reply to: Digieffects Cyclonist?

    I do not believe that I still have the installer, as Kathlyn and I recently moved (after 20 years in Cambria) and have new digs in Paso Robles. We threw tons of old stuff away in the move. Likely, Cyclonist was a casualty of the move.

    I would try the G4 with System 8 and After Effects 4.1 and see how it behaves there.

    To find an old Mac OS, go to the Creative COW Magazine page and download the first issue. In it, Jerry Hofmann has an article about setting up a rock solid FCP system and in the article, there are links to legacy Mac systems that you can download. (As I recall.)

    Best,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 7, 2008 at 1:50 pm in reply to: Traveling to Canada

    Enough of the politics, guys.

    Drop it or I’ll turn off this thread.

    Ron Lindeboom
    creativecow.net

  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 7, 2008 at 1:38 pm in reply to: Digieffects Cyclonist?

    I am sorry to say, Graham, that you have to go a L-O-N-G way back to get it to work. I think it began getting squirrelly with AE5 if I recall correctly. I think that it worked well up through AE 4.1.

    The OS it runs best on is OS8 if I recall.

    Sorry I can’t be of more help but it is a long way back in the pre-graying past now.

    If you have Delirium nearly all of the effects in Cyclonist became stand alone plugs in that set.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 4, 2008 at 4:26 pm in reply to: Is OEM software safe?

    I am not aware of any OEM deals for any of the Trapcode or Red Giant products. I would be willing to bet money that these are illegal copies.

    I wouldn’t do it. They will likely break and you will be out your money with no support.

    That is what usually happens and I can’t count the number of people over the years that have ignored the warnings around here and have been bitten hard.

    Trapcode Particular is not that expensive and there are articles in the COW that can teach you to mimic the Magic Bullet look. If you prefer out of the can, then Andrew Kramer at VideoCopilot.com has a disc for sale (I can’t remember the name) that does the looks you want for far less than Magic Bullet.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom
    creativecow.net

  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 3, 2008 at 12:06 pm in reply to: difficulties with clients

    Hello Lisa,

    What Steve Wargo has just laid out for you is what is called “The Take-away Close” in sales parlance.

    The Take-away Close
    Done well and played successfully, the take-away close is one of the most powerful negotiative ploys that you can use.

    Why?

    What is it that everyone wants? What they cannot have. It’s human nature and when you take something away from them, they want it back.

    The Take-away Close Takes Away Their Power
    It is also a case where (when successfully done) the take-away close also takes away their power. Why? Because once you tell them that this is not working and that you are no longer interested in working under these conditions and they are free to take their job elsewhere, they have no power over you.

    In a negotiation, you only have power over me if you have something that I want. But if you don’t have anything that I want, there is little that you can do to get me to do much because I have no interest.

    Where the Gamble Pays Off
    As Steve Wargo points out, if you take this kind of control you have to be willing to lose it all. If you do, and if you play it well, you could also gain absolute control.

    By dumping the job back into their laps and leaving it in the hands of the inept, you have shown them that they are now no further along than when the whole mess started and they are in control or you are in control.

    Sometimes you will win, sometimes you will lose.

    But played well, this is one of the most powerful techniques in business that you will ever muster to your sometimes benefit.

    There’s my two cents added to Steve’s.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 2, 2008 at 3:56 pm in reply to: Marketing Ministries and Christian Based Events

    Kathlyn, Tim and I have talked from time to time about adding a forum for the discussion of worship and ministry related video production.

    If anyone here would be interested in hosting a forum of this nature, please get hold of me at ron@creativecow.net and we will work with you to get a forum live.

    Best,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 1, 2008 at 6:47 pm in reply to: RAM for new MacPro

    Get great deals on Mac RAM at Other World Computing, found online at…

    https://www.owcomputing.com

    Best,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 1, 2008 at 6:44 pm in reply to: Optimize RAM

    Thanks, Kevin. I suspect that it happened during one of our switch-overs when for a moment or two the servers were rerouted in their calls.

    Sorry to have cost you a post.

    Ron

  • Ron Lindeboom

    April 1, 2008 at 4:11 pm in reply to: Optimize RAM

    Were there any special code characters, etc., in the post? Or was it just plain text?

    Thanks,

    Ron

Page 134 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy