Forum Replies Created

Page 101 of 285
  • Mylenium

    November 18, 2006 at 8:42 pm in reply to: How to create this lighting???

    [Michael Munkittrick] “Is there anything that you DON’T know about C4D?”

    There’s certainly a lot I don’t know. I’ve been away from it a long time and except for my now rather intimate knowledge of the MoGraph module, I’ve never been a power user even in the past. As for working for Maxon – they don’t even want me on their Beta team (unfortunately), so there’s nothing more to talk about and working for them on a permanent basis is a bit far flung, I think. I simply wouldn’t know how to fit in the greater scheme of things and if they could give me the fertile ground to grow. They don’t seem to have need for a middleman between the creative and the technical world such as I possibly represent when wearing my pink helper-bunny suit. I also seem to have honked them off quite a bit with a few carelessly chosen words and my usual jumping ahead with my big mouth, so we’ll simply have to see. ;O)

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    November 18, 2006 at 8:30 pm in reply to: moving swaying pile

    [lettershome] “This is a tough one, when I first started I figured I could create a rig that would handle all aspects of the pile with just a few controls.”
    Well, if you had MoGraph it would be. ;O) you could re-arrange your objects at the slightest whim and refine your stuff until render time is here as it is all fully editable until the last possible moment. Maybe after the current job is finished and you can have a go at it to see how it could have been done with MoGraph.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    November 18, 2006 at 8:16 pm in reply to: Out of memory error / TIFF sequence

    Mmh, indeed very strange. The default TIFFs in C4D should work like a charme as they are uncompressed and the most basic TIFF format available. The only thing that explains it for me is a Quicktime issue as C4D uses parts of QT even for saving images. Should not affect TIFFs, though, as that is hard-coded into C4D’s core.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    November 18, 2006 at 8:13 pm in reply to: Making A Video Clip Pulsating to the Bass of an Audio Clip

    [Chiprocks1] “Is there anyway that Im able to Pick Whip the Expression of my Video Layer Scale properties
    to use the Output 1, Output 2, and Output 3, so that the video will pulsate to each Low,Mid,High frequency?”

    No. You manually need to add the code (AE ain’t that smart).


    sk_1=thisComp.layer(“soundkeys”)(“Output 1”);
    sk_2=thisComp.layer(“soundkeys”)(“Output 2”);
    sk_3=thisComp.layer(“soundkeys”)(“Output 3”);

    sk_out=sk_1+sk_2+sk_3;

    [sk_out]

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    November 18, 2006 at 8:13 pm in reply to: Making A Video Clip Pulsating to the Bass of an Audio Clip

    [Chiprocks1] “Is there anyway that Im able to Pick Whip the Expression of my Video Layer Scale properties
    to use the Output 1, Output 2, and Output 3, so that the video will pulsate to each Low,Mid,High frequency?”

    No. You manually need to add the code (AE ain’t that smart).


    sk_1=thisComp.layer(“soundkeys”)(“Output 1”);
    sk_2=thisComp.layer(“soundkeys”)(“Output 2”);
    sk_3=thisComp.layer(“soundkeys”)(“Output 3”);

    sk_out=sk_1+sk_2+sk_3;

    [sk_out]

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    November 18, 2006 at 8:09 pm in reply to: Resizing staying in place..

    Umm, I’m still baffled. Ctrl+Alt+F will fit any image to your comp size, didn’t you know that? No need for any manual adjustments and it will even work with keyframing.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    November 18, 2006 at 8:09 pm in reply to: Resizing staying in place..

    Umm, I’m still baffled. Ctrl+Alt+F will fit any image to your comp size, didn’t you know that? No need for any manual adjustments and it will even work with keyframing.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    November 18, 2006 at 8:06 pm in reply to: Cinema 4D model into After Efftects!? Can I? Should I?

    I think you are approaching this completely wrong. Actually I believe you are too much thinking in 2D terms here. Just clear your head and rethink your strategy. you are creating problems where there are none and hurt yourself by trying to stay away from the powers of a 3D program like better motion blur, lighting and general easier 3D handling. You can do almost al lsteps in C4D. For integrating your real actor you only need to key it in AE, render it out with Alpha channels and then use it as a texture on a flat plane. This wil lgive you all you need – your talent inside your 3D scene and you should have no problems finding your camera angles. Once you’re happy, just export the camera to AE, render the scene, import everything back in AE and replace the Nill object that comes in as a dummy for your actor with your keyed footage so the quality is maintained.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • To what file format are you outputting? Do all your image and video files show up fine in other tools(image viewers, Mediaplayer)?

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    November 18, 2006 at 5:21 pm in reply to: Making A Video Clip Pulsating to the Bass of an Audio Clip

    Simply use custom Ranges as outputs on the Soundkeys plugin. This allows you to use any min/ max values you desire.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

Page 101 of 285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy