Forum Replies Created

Page 219 of 277
  • By horizontal or vertical I mean the anchor points of the parts need to be aligned perfectly horizontally (or vertically with corrected expressions), then apply the expressions. Guides or horizontal/vertical thin solids help to align, as you can’t be off by much and have it work.

  • Hey please, please put me on any IK list also.

    I did do a little animation with Dan’s Ik (same link in post above)for arms and legs (then they were parented to the Torso):

    https://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2686263

    Bigfoot didn’t even place in the top 11 finalist for the “ifilm.com Ultimate Dance Contest”, can you believe it??????

    Yeah, I guess I can too.

    Anyway, with Dan’s IK, it’s critical to follow his instructions, especially for the setup being horizontal (or vertical with Dan’s corrected expressions), a few degrees off horizontal (or vertical) and the IK messes up.

    OK, I know Bigfoot should have cast a shadow, would have really helped to sell the effect, but those contest deadlines loomed large.

    Anyway I’m always looking for anything to improve this kind of thing.

  • Hey please, please put me on any IK list also.

    I did do a little animation with Dan’s Ik (same link in post above)for arms and legs (then they were parented to the Torso):

    https://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2686263

    Bigfoot didn’t even place in the top 11 finalist for the “ifilm.com Ultimate Dance Contest”, can you believe it??????

    Yeah, I guess I can too.

    Anyway, with Dan’s IK, it’s critical to follow his instructions, especially for the setup being horizontal (or vertical with Dan’s corrected expressions), a few degrees off horizontal (or vertical) and the IK messes up.

    OK, I know Bigfoot should have cast a shadow, would have really helped to sell the effect, but those contest deadlines loomed large.

    Anyway I’m always looking for anything to improve this kind of thing.

  • Mike Clasby

    March 30, 2006 at 6:21 am in reply to: adding an expression to multiple layers…

    I re-read you post, opps, Rotation property obviously.

  • Mike Clasby

    March 30, 2006 at 6:21 am in reply to: adding an expression to multiple layers…

    I re-read you post, opps, Rotation property obviously.

  • Mike Clasby

    March 30, 2006 at 6:20 am in reply to: adding an expression to multiple layers…

    What version of AE do you have?

    I think it was AE6.5 and up for this:

    Highlight the Property (Position?)
    Edit > Copy Expression Only
    then Select the layer(s) you want to Paste the expression into,
    Paste

    and it will put the expression on the correct property,

  • Mike Clasby

    March 30, 2006 at 6:20 am in reply to: adding an expression to multiple layers…

    What version of AE do you have?

    I think it was AE6.5 and up for this:

    Highlight the Property (Position?)
    Edit > Copy Expression Only
    then Select the layer(s) you want to Paste the expression into,
    Paste

    and it will put the expression on the correct property,

  • Mike Clasby

    March 30, 2006 at 2:50 am in reply to: Mouse pens

    Too bad, I was hoping to have something on Miss Julie.

  • Mike Clasby

    March 29, 2006 at 5:34 pm in reply to: Explosion or Fire effect

    If your cheap and want to composite some live footage checkout this:

    https://www.detonationfilms.com/free_stuff.htm

  • Mike Clasby

    March 29, 2006 at 7:35 am in reply to: 57 FREE ANIMATIONS

    Thanks for sharing.

Page 219 of 277

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy