Forum Replies Created

Page 217 of 277
  • Mike Clasby

    April 5, 2006 at 4:20 am in reply to: A Good Feather Falling Effect?

    Creating a falling leaf effect by Dan Ebberts:

    https://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=8

    is cool, but a little tricky, but it’s where I’d start.

  • Mike Clasby

    April 5, 2006 at 4:20 am in reply to: A Good Feather Falling Effect?

    Creating a falling leaf effect by Dan Ebberts:

    https://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=8

    is cool, but a little tricky, but it’s where I’d start.

  • Mike Clasby

    April 4, 2006 at 3:01 am in reply to: Stupid Question.

    Yes, you’re right, I learned something I should have known. I tested my solution on a clip I drug onto the “Create a New Composition” button, so I had to lengthen the comp and everything, yikes.

  • Mike Clasby

    April 3, 2006 at 6:07 pm in reply to: sincity black & white

    Black and white via, Adjust > Threshold, or I think Illustrators new Live Trace to Vectorize is more stylish and cleaner.

    For the Leave Color, “Two or Three Color Special Effects” by Roland R. Kahlenberg is probably what you want:

    https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=2&page=https://www.creativecow.net/articles/kahlenberg_roland/coolsville/index.html

    Note to Cow Mistress, I couldn’t find this when clicking on Roland’s head, had to do a Search, the link must be down.

  • Mike Clasby

    April 3, 2006 at 5:46 pm in reply to: Stupid Question.

    Select Layer

    Layer > Enable Time ReMapping

    Go down the timeline to where you want your still, set a Time remap keyframe

    Right Click > Toggle Hold Keyframe

    Go down the timeline to where you want the “freeze frame ” to end, set another Time Remap keyframe.

    Only problem is, the video after the keyframe you just placed is squished into the remaining time (it plays faster from here to the end to squeeze into the spot).
    So you need to lengthen the video by the amount of time between the two keyframes you set (and slide that last time remap keyframe – the one at the end of the clip created when you enabled time remap to the end of the now lengthened clip). Hope that makes sense.

    This seems like about as slow as Composition > Save Frame As > File (then select “Import” in the Render Queue/Output Module/Post Render Actions, but that’s how you do it.

    Goodluck on the deadline.

  • Mike Clasby

    April 3, 2006 at 2:47 am in reply to: move camera or comp?

    These two 5 minute AE Camera tuts from Rick Gerard might help, especially the first. The cameras are not at 90 degrees to the map as you plan to do (they look down the map on a fly-over) but that should be easy to fix.

    https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=2&page=https://www.creativecow.net/articles/gerard_rick/AEWeekly1/index.html

    https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=2&page=https://www.creativecow.net/articles/gerard_rick/AEWeekly2/index.html

  • Mike Clasby

    April 1, 2006 at 7:43 am in reply to: Fractal Noise loopable?

    Do an advance Search, tons of stuff.

    Search Terms: Fractal Noise Loop

    How far back do you want to search:All Active Posts

    Search Archives: Yes

  • Mike Clasby

    April 1, 2006 at 7:43 am in reply to: Fractal Noise loopable?

    Do an advance Search, tons of stuff.

    Search Terms: Fractal Noise Loop

    How far back do you want to search:All Active Posts

    Search Archives: Yes

  • Mike Clasby

    March 31, 2006 at 11:27 pm in reply to: Radar Screen-Flight Controllers Screen

    I think this gem from Rick Gerard (God I miss that guy) will help:

    https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=206453&archive=T

    Be sure and Right-click the Gradient jpeg on the page as it’s needed for the aep (download available).

    I did see a Post of Rick’s over at the Adobe AE page in Dec, and would love to hear from the Cow Folks that he’s doing well and maybe would come back here some day.

  • Mike Clasby

    March 31, 2006 at 7:50 am in reply to: An expression problem…

    I like you am learning how complex expressions can be, I suggest you get a hold of the Meyers Book, Volume2 (3rd edition) and the chapter on expressions (and the bonus chapter) is very enlightening. Much to digest. If you’d have known about linear interpolation (making one set of values proportional to another, you could have figured out your expression with pickwhipping and the “Expression Language Menu” (that little triangle next to the pickwhip).

    Linear Interpolation is just figuring out how to translate the -80 to 0 degree rotation of the one layer to the 0 to 60 degree rotation of the other layer.

    The linear interpolation from “Expression Language Menu” is:

    linear(t, tMin, tMax, value1, value2)

    then you’d highlight the “t” and pickwhip that to the rotation of the layer that rotates (the -80 to 0 layer, I used a White Solid) to get:

    linear(thisComp.layer(“White Solid 1”).rotation, tMin, tMax, value1, value2)

    then you plug in the values, -80 and 0 (t min, tmax, again the White Solid) and the 0 and 60 (value1, value2) to get your final expression:

    linear(thisComp.layer(“White Solid 1”).rotation, -80, 0, 0, 60)

    Get a copy of:

    Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects, Volume 2: Advanced Techniques

    by

    Trish and Chris Meyer

    Then you will be aware of what’s possible and maybe can inkle it out yourself.

Page 217 of 277

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy