Forum Replies Created

Page 202 of 428
  • Michael Phillips

    September 12, 2013 at 12:55 pm in reply to: Resources for Avid Media Composer plugins

    For pug-ins, have you looked into the Avid Marketplace via the embedded browser? It’s “Marketplace” at the top level menus. At least it’s a place to start. Media Composer only supports AVX, so there may not be a whole of of free ones for picture. For audio, you can search for RTAS and have better luck at finding plug-ins – but it may be more hit & miss as far as them working.

    I will let others with more “overlay” experience from FCP speak to your other question.

    Michael

  • I agree on the consolation and .new clips – Do a reveal file on the master clips and copy those.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    September 11, 2013 at 10:48 pm in reply to: Limiting Phrase Find to one clip.

    No, that functionality doesn’t exist – but if the entire project is indexed, the find part should be pretty fast – but, you can just select a clip and search that clip only. Would be nice along with a lot of other things in the FIND feature.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    September 11, 2013 at 7:36 pm in reply to: Apple’s Annoucements

    I don’t think Wall Street likes any public company to not grow – I admit that expectations from analysts can be crazy when to comes to Apple’s expectations, but to a certain extent they are victims of their own success. Also, any public company will take profit over number of seats unless there is a clear plan to monetize those seats over time (as seen with cloud based subscriptions, etc.).

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    September 11, 2013 at 1:59 pm in reply to: Apple’s Annoucements

    Your conclusion is similar to my thinking. If software is a drop in the bucket in relation hardware sales, then again, I wouldn’t be surprised to see FCPx free with the purchase of a new MacPro. Those without a new MacPro can still purchase at the $299 price. Even if it’s for a limited time offer. And why not Logic and other more Pro apps? It would justify whatever price they might apply – unknown how many versions there will be, but perhaps with the top model? And of course, it’s the perception of free… you’ll pay for it one way or another. 🙂

    Apple does what Apple does – only taking precedence and applying it to yet to be released new hardware and seeing if it makes sense or not.

    Just like I wouldn’t be surprised, (and glad that it hasn’t), that the only way to add plug-ins to FCPx would be through the App Store forcing developers to give up 30% of their revenue. Because “it is the refined and expected Apple experience…” But I’d have to think it’s been discussed.

    Just thinking out loud…

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    September 11, 2013 at 1:28 pm in reply to: Apple’s Annoucements

    I think Apple wants to get people hooked on their platform(s) so they get 30% of everyone else’s software. And giving their software away for free which they did for their iOS apps has already been done. So if setting precedence, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same for MacPro.

    Michael

  • Agreed – as many folks will add PICe cages to their Mac to support more slots… in this scenario, the slots are already available. So it’s a balance of the two. For those who want to go thunderbolt all the way they can do one way, and those who want another, can go their’s.

    Michael

  • Very well done, and I really liked it as well. And having three boys, two in college, none of these concepts were really foreign to me. There might have been one or two spots where I might have added a bit more pause before the click as that was how we got to understand his state of mind – that balance between just being mad versus vindictive. I felt the overall pace was indicative of how fast relationships come and go now. And to think my grandparents sent letters to each other and the time that took. Great idea for a short.

    Michael

  • While those are recommended test configurations, many times it is a “your mileage may vary” in certain areas. If you are already on 6.0.x, then moving to a point release in the same 6.o.x cycle should be fine. I am running v7 on a 2011 MacBook Pro and while background transcode and DMF might be iffy, everything else is fine.

    Michael

Page 202 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy