Forum Replies Created

Page 214 of 282
  • Joseph W. bourke

    April 24, 2012 at 4:10 am in reply to: Photoshop on the PC and Motion

    Hi Simon –

    I hope he’s realized that, but as I said to Stephen, he’s been cutting shows together at a frantic pace, and is pretty burned. I hope Stephen’s visual, along with the Option key reminder from you, will get it working. In the meantime I’ve used Photoshop’s batch layer export to send him .png versions of all the layers so he can build the templates in Motion the hard way. Thanks for the help.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    April 24, 2012 at 4:06 am in reply to: Photoshop on the PC and Motion

    Thanks very much Stephen – I’ll put it in my client’s Dropbox folder and hope that does the trick – as I’d told you, he’s been editing fourteen hour days for a couple of weeks, so he’s a bit crispy around the edges. I’ve sent him links to pages from the Motion 4 help file – maybe a visual will trigger the aha moment.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    April 23, 2012 at 4:25 pm in reply to: Photoshop on the PC and Motion

    If you have the time, that would be great Stephen – I can only imagine that it’s user error on the client’s side. The one file I sent him that he got to work (importing as layers) is in exactly the same format I’ve sent him since, with just plain vanilla bitmap layers. Thanks so much.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    April 21, 2012 at 5:56 pm in reply to: Photoshop on the PC and Motion

    Stephen –

    Something just occurred to me – is it possible that because I was using the 64-bit version of Photoshop CS4, that that could be the cause of the problem? I’m redoing it, bring the layers in to the 32-bit version of CS4, and giving that a try with the client. That’s the only variable I can think of – every layer is clean, just bitmaps with no FX at all. By the way – the file I posted for you is the 64-bit version – I sent it before it dawned on me that this could be the problem.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    April 21, 2012 at 4:33 pm in reply to: Photoshop on the PC and Motion

    Hi Stephen –

    I put the file in the Cow – Files section – it’s a .psd. Give me a shout when you get a chance to look at it. Thanks.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    April 21, 2012 at 2:31 pm in reply to: Photoshop on the PC and Motion

    Thanks Stephen –

    I’ll figure out how to do that and do that.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    April 20, 2012 at 1:37 pm in reply to: Control surface support in Audition CS6

    Yes it is – here’s the word straight from Adobe:

    You can mix audio interactively in Adobe
    Audition CS6 using a wide range of hardware
    and software controllers. Craft your mix
    using many of the most popular hardware
    control surfaces in the industry, including the
    Avid Artist series (formerly Euphonix), and
    the Mackie® MCU series. Several third-party
    iOS and Android app controllers that utilize
    the Mackie MCU protocol are also available.

    Here’s the link to more info:

    https://success.adobe.com/assets/en/downloads/guides/AU_CS6_WN_Reveal.pdf

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    April 20, 2012 at 1:34 pm in reply to: Control surface support in Audition CS6

    Yes it is – here’s the word straight from Adobe:

    You can mix audio interactively in Adobe
    Audition CS6 using a wide range of hardware
    and software controllers. Craft your mix
    using many of the most popular hardware
    control surfaces in the industry, including the
    Avid Artist series (formerly Euphonix), and
    the Mackie® MCU series. Several third-party
    iOS and Android app controllers that utilize
    the Mackie MCU protocol are also available.

    Here’s the link to more info:

    https://success.adobe.com/assets/en/downloads/guides/AU_CS6_WN_Reveal.pdf

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • These suggestions go over your budget, but VideoGuys always tries to lead you to the best solution, not sell you the hardware:
    https://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videoguys+DIY9+Its+Time+for+Sandy+Bridge+E/0xe9b142f408a2b03ab88144a434e88de7.aspx

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    April 19, 2012 at 7:22 pm in reply to: Photoshop on the PC and Motion

    Thanks Stephen – that’s odd – there must be something going on with my client and the way he’s importing the files. What I’m sending has nothing in the way of layer effects or anything – just flat raster graphics, and they are coming in flattened – no layers.

    Of course my client is under the gun working 14 hour days 7 days a week to get the daily news show edited – there may be some fryage going on.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

Page 214 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy