Joseph W. bourke
Forum Replies Created
-
Joseph W. bourke
August 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm in reply to: Can someone assist in removing excessive S’s (sibilance?) from my clip?Richard –
While I’m not willing to do the work for you, I’ll most certainly lead you to an answer – I don’t download files because of the obvious risks, so I can only do my best to find an answer for you:
https://www.videomaker.com/article/14106-plosives-and-sibilance
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
August 1, 2013 at 1:49 pm in reply to: Transferring Meta-Data Columns on Premiere CS6.. from computer to computer.Hi Matt –
I’m not on a Mac, so I hope someone weighs in here who is, but I have run across some discussion of there being stripping of Metadata in Mountain Lion (sorry about the giant link):
https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS294&q=metadata+between+lion+and+mountain+lion&oq=metadata+between+lion+and+mountain+lion&gs_l=igoogle.3…171449.179357.0.179586.43.22.1.20.0.0.159.2708.4j18.22.0…0.0…1ac.1.12.igoogle.H_iuQCzl5vc#rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS294&sclient=psy-ab&q=metadata+problem+mountain+lion&oq=metadata+problem+mountain+lion&gs_l=serp.3…13873.14986.0.15115.8.8.0.0.0.4.175.1076.0j7.7.0….0…1c.1.23.psy-ab..8.0.0.xGGizKj12WA&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.50165853,d.dmg&fp=73b2ed0e5c46bfe3&biw=1280&bih=612
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 30, 2013 at 11:59 pm in reply to: Transferring Meta-Data Columns on Premiere CS6.. from computer to computer.Is it possible that the Metadata was saved as a Sidecar file? This is not often the standard way of saving, but you can check to see if this is the case by finding the folder where your Premiere files live and checking to see if there’s a file with the same name as your Premiere Pro project and a .xmp file extension. That’s the only thing I can think of which might have happened. Embedded metadata should travel with the file and show up properly on any computer.
Here’s some info I found which presents a similar problem, and I don’t think that it would be the solution, but it’s worth a read:
https://forums.adobe.com/message/5359313
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
I can’t help with your specific problem, but I know that there have been past problems with Wacom tablet functions in CS4 and CS5:
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/978928
I have a slightly older Intuos, and I have never put in the time to get the comfort level of working with the pen in AE or PPro, but there are many users who say that after a week or so of working with it, they never go back. My first experience with a pen in graphics work was on a Quantel Paintbox. It required large numbers of gestures on the edge of the tablet, and, although I didn’t experience this, one of our graphic artists got carpal tunnel syndrome from working in this way. But as I say, the Quantel was early on, and many of the gestural strokes required repetition to get them to work.
I find that it’s more comfortable to work with my Wacom in my lap (I have the smaller tablet), and, in terms of AE and PPro, I find that a wireless mouse is the way to go for me.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 29, 2013 at 4:50 pm in reply to: Premiere CS6 cant do a dissolve, can Premiere CC do this?Thanks Paul –
Now I can ignore your previous posts and your belligerent attitude having the proper information. Have a nice life…
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 29, 2013 at 2:34 pm in reply to: Run two different videos to two different monitors at the same timeI think this article might help you out:
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 29, 2013 at 2:28 pm in reply to: Premiere CS6 cant do a dissolve, can Premiere CC do this?So, are you asking how to solve this problem as a question, or are you just trying to trash Premiere Pro’s reputation? These forums are generally to help people out who are having specific problems on specific systems (I notice you’re also not listing any of your OS or hardware specs).
If this were a specific problem occurring on all OS and hardware combinations, people would be marching in the streets! I’ve been using PPro CS4, 5, 5.5, and 6 on WinXP, Vista 64, and Win 7 and have been doing dissolves without a single problem on all of the above.
Maybe you just need to know how to set up your system:
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WSF08BCDDB-FCD7-40a2-8290-8872EE725E6B.html
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 28, 2013 at 3:03 am in reply to: for anyone wondering how adobe is getting on – they’re giving CC away for free.You’ve got a point there, Aindreas. That approach is more like you’d find at a baseball game; “hey ice cream here! hey ice cream!”. Maybe I should start my subscription to the CC, then change my mind, and see what kind of counter offer I get. But when they offer the free annual subscription, plus a new Mac Pro, that would be desperate…
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 27, 2013 at 5:39 pm in reply to: for anyone wondering how adobe is getting on – they’re giving CC away for free.I can’t agree with you Bill. Promotional giveaways in the retail product sense are indeed what you say, but at trade shows, the beast is quite a bit different – sure, everyone knows Adobe (and many, but not even close to all, know the CC), but that doesn’t mean that offering a free year’s CC subscription won’t entice someone who’s an FCP(X) or AVID user to jump ship. Or someone just out of school, who couldn’t afford the full CC rate.
Then when the year’s up, guess who will be paying for the subscription? I’m certainly with you that it’s a way to get names in the database, and, of course, a certain number of these will continue with the paid subscription. It’s smart marketing, not desperation…
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 27, 2013 at 5:33 pm in reply to: Wheres the best spot for the hair light when trying to avoid reflections?Patrick –
Here’s a link to a bit more technical information which discusses the various lighting rations. As you can see from the variables, there is never going to be one lighting setup which works for every situation – unless it’s a studio with people who have the same flesh tones, hair tones, and clothing on:
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com