Forum Replies Created

Page 110 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    April 5, 2014 at 3:56 pm in reply to: create animated callouts, checkmark, checklist ?

    I don’t have that plugin, so a link to the plugin would be helpful.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 3, 2014 at 1:09 pm in reply to: 90’s Sports Titles

    Can you provide a link to an example?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 3, 2014 at 1:13 am in reply to: will.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects

    Unless they used some plugin-one method would be to use multiple layers of video and masks. I made a little project where I placed a couple of masks on one layer, then used the different modes to isolate the different areas. With the different areas isolated, I used those layers as track mattes for my video, so I could move the layers underneath.

    Take a look at my project, see if it helps you figure out the technique. 7319_splitscreenfolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 3, 2014 at 12:14 am in reply to: Conversion from AE 5.5 to 5.0

    Here you go. 7318_ragelogo032814cs5.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 1, 2014 at 11:53 pm in reply to: will.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects

    there are multiple screen effects in the first minute, can you give a time code, please?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 1, 2014 at 7:51 pm in reply to: True Detective Title Sequence

    Guess different tastes for different folks, I was NOT a fan of that sequence at all. On that other hand, I am a fan of Mettle products and am definitely interested in how they were used in that sequence.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 31, 2014 at 4:37 pm in reply to: Duplicating comps issues

    Couple of things to note, when you duplicate a comp. First, you need to do your duplication in the project panel. If you are inside a comp, and duplicate a precomp, you haven’t created another asset, it’s just the same asset twice.

    The other thing, is if you duplicate in the project window and your comp has multiple precomps—they haven’t been duplicated, just the final comp—so if you change those precomps, they will change in the old master aslo. All the precomps need to be duplicated also, then dropped into your new master.

    For me, I find True Comp Duplicator to be one of the best scripts out there, completely takes the work out of duplicating and replacing assets. Select your master, run the script and it makes a complete new master, with completely new precomps.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Do you have positional data for the object? If so, you need to use a couple of simple expressions to your emitter.

    I made an example project with a light and wiggle expression. For the emitter, you would make an expression like this, where you alt+click the emitters Position XY to start the expression, type in x = and pickwhip the object’s X position value, then do the same for Y:

    x = thisComp.layer("Light 1").transform.position[0];
    y = thisComp.layer("Light 1").transform.position[1];

    [x,y]

    For z, you don’t even need variables, you can just pick whip right the Z position and get:

    thisComp.layer("Light 1").transform.position[2]

    You should be able to copy those expression and replace the “Light 1” with the name of your object to pin the emitter. Here’s the project where I did this… 7314_emitterposition.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I think this tutorial on motion paths might help you out.

    Red Giant QuickTip #25: Aligning Particular Motion Paths

    Long time ago, I saw a tutorial on faking a wind tunnel using particular and the puppet tool, but I can’t seem to find that one anymore, but that might be a method you might want to try also.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 29, 2014 at 1:25 pm in reply to: How can I key this better?

    That’s actually a pretty good way to do it. I did some experimenting and here’s the method I used. Made another copy of the girl and locked the comp viewer. Double-clicked the layer to open the layer viewer. Since there already is a full alpha, I figured, erase and invert. Click the erase brush and in the paint panel for channels, choose RGBA.

    Looking in the comp viewer, I went to a frame that needed more glowing cord and erased it, set a keyframe for path and then went to the end of the comp AND DRAGGED the paint layer that’s created in the effect all the way back to the keyframe(wish there was a short cut for this_cause you have to do it for every new erase layer you make). “Page down” and needed to erase some more(the erase layer automatically extended each time I made a new stroke, that was a bonus)—did that until I was good. Went a few more frames, saw I needed to fix more, so I clicked off of the “erase 1” and started the process over. I only did a couple of seconds, but it’s pretty quick and easy to do it this way.

    Then I added an invert effect, levels to pop it more(I actually did this last, but it’s third in the layer stack, I saw it needed it after I applied your blur and glow.) then blur and glow. I think it looks pretty good and natural(well natural for a girl dancing with a glowing radio-active iPod).

    7307_glowjefftryeraselayer.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 110 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy