Forum Replies Created

Page 165 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    December 21, 2006 at 2:33 pm in reply to: Will this configuration work?

    [Juanjo Mora] “Do you think that if I invest into HDe right now, later it will be compatible with the Universal version of the software and, with a newer workstation from Apple?”

    The boards will definitely work with future MacPro systems; they are the same as the Aja Kona boards that are used for FinalCut these days, and they are PCI-Express based which is a very fresh format. I think this standard will be used for some time in upcoming Macs; especially since there is not really a new technology on the horizon that is expected to replace it anytime soon.
    The Universal version is expected to ship in January as far as I know (I would not bet on January 1st, though). I would wait till the Steve Jobs Keynote, since I think we can expect some new MacPro announcments there…

  • Floh Peters

    December 21, 2006 at 8:44 am in reply to: Will this configuration work?

    [Juanjo Mora] “So, I was thinking of upgrading the G4 CPUs with a Dual Sonnet 1.8Ghz card, the Media 100 to 8.2.3a and maybe “

    I never used a Upgrade card with Media 100, so I am not really sure if they will work. I think when using it in a Dual G4 it should work, but as I said, not tested by me.
    The upgrade to 8.2.3a and OSX 10.4.x will speed up some things, and you will definitely note a performance and productivity improvement. But there are still some performance limits, especially by the P6000 board. You can use the Software Codec, which will speed up many tasks outside Media 100, but it does not do anything for the Application itself. This is only used in Producer or the V10 and up systems.

    [Juanjo Mora] “getting the real time HDRfx effects card.”

    I don

  • The crop would do more or less the same as the wipe. What you should do is to use the “Scale X” attribute in the “Position” Tab. Select V1, move the cursor in the timeline to the first keyframe and set Scale X to 50%. Then set “Position X” to the left, so that the V1 clip is on the left side. Make sure that the checkboxes next to Position X and Scale X are set to “Constant”.
    Select the V2 layer, and also scale it to 50% X-wise. Move x Position to the right, until you have both images next to each other. Make sure that everything is set to “Constant” again. Now you shold have both images playing next to each other; squished together but playing along nicely…

  • Floh Peters

    December 19, 2006 at 11:46 pm in reply to: Problems with Creating a Movie File

    [family tree video] “Are you saying I should download this Transcoder to my PC or to my Mac”

    If you want to play the clip on a Windows system without iFinish/Media 100 hardware you need the iFinish transcoder. If you want to play it on a Mac without the hardware you need the Media 100 software codecs.

    [family tree video] ” I couldn’t find the transcoder you were referring to on the Media 100 website.”

    It is somewhere there under Support->Downloads. It is named iFinish Transcoder.

  • Floh Peters

    December 19, 2006 at 11:31 pm in reply to: Problems with Creating a Movie File

    Media 100 uses a special “Codec” to write their files. This basically is an extension to allow QuickTime to access Media 100 files. There is a software codec for Macintosh systems that allows reading and writing of Media 100 codec files on a Mac. Additionally there is a Transcoder for Windows (the iFinish Transcoder), that allows reading (not writing) of Media 100 codec files on QuickTime Windows. But only QuickTime versions before QT7.0 on Windows are supported. You can find the iFinish Transcoder on the Media 100 website under Supports, Downloads I think.

  • [Ben Heusner] “You should be able to do this with the “humble” Grafitti, no problem.”

    Actually you cannot use Graffiti as a transition in Media 100 HD, so it is not really an option here.

  • You can do that in BorisFX or Red. In the transition mode, click the rightmost transition selection and choose Boris FX or Boris RED from the dropdown menu. Now select “Customize” and set up your windows in RED. Scale them both to 50% horizontally and move them that you see both images. Make sure that your beginning keyframes are set to “Hold” mode. Apply to Media 100 and render.

  • Floh Peters

    December 19, 2006 at 8:13 am in reply to: Media100 SDe-HDe

    Russ,

    as usual the question is what you want to do with your system.
    But when coming from OS9 and V7.5 the new Aja-based systems will be a HUGE step performance-wise. Especially when working in SD you have so much more realtime power and responsiveness in the new systems, like the ability to use several video layers in realtime, very quick renderings for effects/transitions, much quicker import/export, more audio tracks and effects, a source/record viewer view. Plus many many small things that make editing much easier. Since you are already familiar with Media 100 you will be up and running very quickly, and you will gain a lot of productivity. I defintiely would recommend getting a HDe system, since I think the future is HD. It is not that much more money for the HD system, but it is much more future-proof.

    Floh

  • [Jerome Robbins] “I have 2 8 second clips. I have them lined up on over the other in A & B tracks. I dragged across the length of the clips for a trnsition then chose Wipe-FastFX, I highlighted the vertical box on the side.”

    Thats good so far. Now expand the edit suite window in transition mode (the triangle at the bottom of the edit suite), and set the transition from and to values both to 50%.
    Go back to the timeline/Program mode and play back the transition. You should have a realtime playback of the transition. If you have an XR with the HDR board it should play at full quality. If you don

  • Floh Peters

    December 18, 2006 at 8:48 pm in reply to: Titles on Media 100Hde

    If you are typing in a Graffiti Text box it won

Page 165 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy