Forum Replies Created

Page 143 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    June 21, 2007 at 12:36 pm in reply to: DVD Software

    [Ajmetz] “Wooooaaaahhh…..looks like I have an OS9 programme called Astarte M.Pack 3.03 for encoding MPEG1 and MPEG2 videos for DVD.”

    Astarte was the company who developed DVDStudioPro before Apple bought it. So I guess this is the software that was rebranded as Compressor later.

  • Floh Peters

    June 20, 2007 at 11:03 pm in reply to: Anybody tried ProRes with AE?

    Thanks. I did see it earlier in a hurry but I totally forgot about it. I will get in touch with Frank.
    Anyway, not really an ideal situation with ProRes right now.

    Floh

  • Floh Peters

    June 20, 2007 at 7:29 pm in reply to: Export to AE

    Maybe it is a bug in the AE exporter component. Did you install the newest version (the one that shipped with V8.2.3a) into the AE Plugins folder?

  • Floh Peters

    June 20, 2007 at 9:48 am in reply to: DVD Software

    [Ajmetz] ” It is kinda annoying waiting 2hrs30mins for a programme to finish playing out.”

    Wait before you see how long an MPEG encode (especially on a “older” Mac) will take. You at least should think 4 times as long as realtime (probably even much more).

    [Ajmetz] “Basic duping of a DVD VCR burnt disc, would be best in what app?
    “

    Toast.

    [Ajmetz] “Is my old OS9 DVD Studio Pro still the safe bet for proper authoring with menus?”
    Yes. But of course you need to learn the software, and you need to get your SuperDrive working under OS9.

    [Ajmetz] “Oh – and are Compressor or Cleaner 6 gonna be okay in BitVice’s absense?”
    Generally speaking yes. I

  • Floh Peters

    June 19, 2007 at 6:48 am in reply to: DVD Software

    [Ajmetz] “t was my understanding whichever programme you use for encoding, you still need to burn using an authoring programme. “

    More or less. Programs like Toast and iDVD do their own encoding and authoring in a single step. What do you really want to do?
    If you want to create client review copies quickly the best thing you can do is to get a cheap standalone DVD recorder, hook it up via composite or S-Video and hit record on the DVD-Recorder and Play on your Media 100 timeline.
    If you want to do more complex authoring get BitVice for MPEG 2 encoding and use DVDStudio for the authoring. This way you can create DVDs that can be compared to commercial DVDs you can buy (quality-wise and feature wise). But the encoding takes time, and building DVDs in DVDSP needs some knowledge and some time learning how to do it.

  • Floh Peters

    June 18, 2007 at 6:14 pm in reply to: Color conversion for AE.

    [greggm] ” When I bring in reference files in AE and preview to screen, the video is dark, and when I render and import back to Media100, it looks washed out..”

    The easy way is this:
    From Media 100 as 8bitUncompressed (original, self-contained, by ref or via the AE Exporter plugin) to AE will give a darker/more contrasty image in AE. Without changing anything and rendering back to 8bit Uncompressed in AE you will get correct colors/Levels in Media 100 again. If you want to see your material correctly in AE you can apply a Adjustment layer on top of the video (remember to turn it off before starting to render; this is only a correction for watching from AE!!!). Add a “Levels” effect to the Adjustment layer, with the output black set to RGB16 and the output white set to RGB235. Set the Gamma to 1.2, and you should be good to work in AE

  • Floh Peters

    June 14, 2007 at 2:40 pm in reply to: More HDe issues

    [CleverMoniker] “I’m sure if Floh was having trouble with PAL on M100, we’d hear about it.”

    Definitely. The systems work fine for us in PAL.

  • Floh Peters

    June 11, 2007 at 5:09 am in reply to: DVDs from Media 100 HD

    [David Issko] “BV instantly quits at the start of encoding on my 8 core.”

    BitVice seems to have a similar problem than V11.6.1. If you set the system to only use 4 CPUs (via Apples CHUD tools) BitVice will work fine. Btw. you only need to set it to 4 CPUs when starting the encode. After that you can switch back to 8 without crashing BV.

  • Floh Peters

    June 10, 2007 at 7:16 pm in reply to: Trying to evaluate Producer

    [JIm Wilcox] “I have installed the eval version of Producer, but when I try to fire up I get the splash screen I hit continue and the software just crashes. There is no error message”

    By “crashes”, do you mean it disappears? Or does there happen anything else? Does the CrashReporter come up? Is there something written to the Console Log or system Log, or to the Media 100 Producer Crash Log (these can be found under “Console” in Applications->utilities)?

  • Floh Peters

    June 10, 2007 at 6:18 am in reply to: Media 100 on line documentation ?

    [Bob Zelin] “is there any online documentation for the Media 100 HDe product ? I can’t find any on their site. I don’t see any “quick install”, “release notes”, “FAQ” or anything else. “

    Hey Bob,

    here are the documents. You only need to know where to look 😉
    These are only for V11 (pre-Aja), but the Manual hasn

Page 143 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy