Forum Replies Created

Page 119 of 245
  • Floh Peters

    March 7, 2008 at 3:18 pm in reply to: Requiring P2 footage

    [Jim Wilcox] “Doesn’t FCP deal with this issue (meaning it is possible).”

    Actually I think if you want to reacquire anything in FCP (be that from Tape or disc) you are going through hell anyway. But as far as I know there is no pracitcal way of reacquiring P2 material in FCP also.

    [Jim Wilcox] “Does Media 100 have an official “request” e-mail for stuff like this?”

    Not really sure about that. David Colantuoni, who is the Product Manager of Media 100 as far as I know has posted his email-address here. I think he would be a good person to speak to about feature requests.

  • Floh Peters

    March 7, 2008 at 2:18 pm in reply to: Requiring P2 footage

    I think when you use a P2 deck or camera as a “player” you can reacquire. When importing P2 files directly you cannot reacquire (like you cannot reacquire files from Audio CDs or other imported QuickTime formats). I think it would be great to have this functionality, so I think you should send your request to the guys at Media 100. Let them know what you want to see in Media 100!!! They are listening…

  • Floh Peters

    March 7, 2008 at 2:16 pm in reply to: color shift within Media 100i

    [Pete Curtis] “P.S. Floh, when searching the forum about this issue, I ran across several posts by you that were obviously cut off in mid-sentence. It didn’t seem to happen to anyone else. Here’s an example… https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/4/860361
    “

    Not really sure what’s going on there. I can only imagine it has to do something with the archive functionality of the Cow, since the posts showed up correctly initially.

  • Floh Peters

    March 6, 2008 at 7:52 pm in reply to: Test
  • Floh Peters

    March 6, 2008 at 7:24 pm in reply to: Test
  • Floh Peters

    March 6, 2008 at 7:09 am in reply to: color shift within Media 100i

    Yes, this color shift is there from the YUV->RGB->YUV conversion that has to be done for everything that is processed off the P6000 boards (like all transitions except the FastFX transitions). This has been there “forever”, but luckily it was small enough for us never to be a problem.
    This has been solved for Media 100 V10 and up, due to the fact that the decoding of the video streams is not done on a codec chip anymore.

  • Are you seeing this “shuttery movement” only in Playback/master in Media 100, with clips acquired via Media100? There is one setting I know that could cause that: Project Settings->Real Time->”Play Real Time Titles and Effects at Draft Quality” needs to be turned off; otherwise you only will play back the first fields.

  • Floh Peters

    March 5, 2008 at 10:52 am in reply to: Media100 master to tape

    [Mark LeGrand] “One a warning about the deck is not in non drop mode?”

    Is it in Drop-frame mode? I am not sure about this whole NTSC/DF thing, so I have not really an idea what is going on there.

    [Mark LeGrand] “Two the mastering keeps stopping with a “CPU can not keep up” warning. MacBook Pro 15″ single intel. Any suggestions? “

    What kind of codecs do you use in your timeline? Media 100 can mix all codecs in realtime, but for mastering to FireWire it has to convert everything on the fly to DV. This can be processor-intense. FCP does not allow this; it does all the conversion in advance. So if you do an DV-export for FCP anyway you could try to master the exported file to DV from Media 100 to see if this solves your issue.

  • Floh Peters

    March 3, 2008 at 10:55 pm in reply to: can’t load media100 library in 8.0

    First thing I would try is reinstalling Media 100. I think you can find a version for your system at http://ftp.media100.com. Then run the Media 100 hardware test.
    I am not sure if the CPU upgrades are supported/working. I heard some years ago that there were problems with some models, but I am not sure what kind of upgrades these were.

  • Floh Peters

    February 29, 2008 at 7:20 pm in reply to: importing pshop layers into Red

    From the Boris RED help menu:

    “Importing Adobe Photoshop PSD Files
    Boris Red allows you to import Photoshop PSD files using the Still Image File media type. If you want to access the file’s original layer information in Boris Red, you can convert the still image file’s Shape track to a container.
    NOTE:
    Boris Red can only import Photoshop files in the RGB format. Make sure your image is RGB before attempting to import it into Red. You can convert your file to RGB in Photoshop by choosing Image > Mode > RGB Color.
    1.
    Press the Media icon on a shape track and choose Still Image File from the menu. Alternately, click the Add Still Image button to create a new shape track with Still Image File media.
    2.
    A dialog box appears. Navigate to the PSD file and click Open.
    3.
    Select the shape track containing the PSD file and choose Track > Convert to Container.
    The shape track is converted to a 3D Container track. Inside are nested 3D Plane tracks for each layer. You can now adjust any of the tracks or adjust the container track to affect all the nested tracks. You can use a different shape type for each layer track. See Chapter 6, “Working with 3D Containers” for more information on containers.”

Page 119 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy