Forum Replies Created

Page 957 of 1081
  • Dan Ebberts

    October 16, 2007 at 9:19 pm in reply to: Autoorientcamera script doesnt work

    Just from a quick glance at the help, it sounds like you have to have all the participating layers selected. Is it possible you only have the layer with the markers selected?

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    October 15, 2007 at 7:50 pm in reply to: Addlight scripting question

    Sorry, not much useful info here.

    1. I don’t know why they did it that way.

    2. I don’t think you can.

    3. Try this:

    myLight.transform.pointOfInterest.setValue([x,y,z]);

    4. Haven’t seen the problem, but I don’t think I’ve ever tried scripting Lux.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    October 15, 2007 at 7:41 pm in reply to: Tweaking existing expression

    How often do you want it to freeze? Is it periodic? If so, it might be as simple as adding something like this to the top of the expression:

    posterizeTime(3);

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    October 15, 2007 at 7:32 pm in reply to: layer transparency distance from camera

    Well, I’m lost. What I’m picturing doesn’t make any sense. Maybe somebody else (with more imagination) can jump in and help out.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    October 15, 2007 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Script commands and syntaxes?

    The AE Scripting guide pretty much has everything you should need:

    https://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/pdfs/aftereffectscs3_scripting_guide.pdf

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    October 14, 2007 at 8:47 pm in reply to: layer transparency distance from camera

    What you descibed (I think) covers layers on the camera’s z axis. What about layers that are off axis? What determines their opacity – distance from the camera, distance from the camera’s z-plane, or ?

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    October 14, 2007 at 6:41 pm in reply to: layer transparency distance from camera

    Sorry, you lost me. I’m sure there’s a soulution – I’m just not sure what the problem is. 🙂

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    October 13, 2007 at 10:32 pm in reply to: layer transparency distance from camera

    I think you’d just change the first line to this:

    C =comp(“your outer comp name goes here”).activeCamera;

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    October 13, 2007 at 9:49 pm in reply to: layer transparency distance from camera

    Do you really mean “x amount of time”, or do you mean its opacity needs to be 100% until it reaches a certain distance from the camera and then it fades until it reaches some other distance where it would be 0%? That would be like this:

    C = thisComp.activeCamera;
    startFade = 500;
    endFade = 1500;
    d = length(toWorld(anchorPoint),C.toWorld([0,0,0]));
    linear(d,startFade,endFade,100,0)

    I’m not sure what it would be if you mean something else.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    October 13, 2007 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Creating a Conditional Loop

    I’d just replace the last line with something like this:

    numberOfLayers = 10;
    n%(numberOfLayers +1)

    Dan

Page 957 of 1081

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy