Forum Replies Created

Page 156 of 1081
  • Dan Ebberts

    February 10, 2020 at 1:49 pm in reply to: Multiple expression to multiple layers

    You could use:

    marker.key(index)

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    February 9, 2020 at 7:31 am in reply to: World Orientation of Child Object Expression Bug

    Based on the angles that are causing the issue, I’d guess that it’s gimbal lock, which is tough to deal with. One fairly drastic solution that I’ve used is to switch to quaternions, but that’s a lot of work (and code) to implement, but it does eliminate the problem. Sorry, I wish I had better news.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    February 7, 2020 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Syncing text to audio

    OK, I didn’t understand what you’re doing. Try this. Add an Opacity Animator and set the Opacity value to 100. Add an Expression Selector and delete the Range Selector. Set the Expression Selector “Based On” parameter to Words, and replace the Amount expression with this:


    fade = .25;
    m = thisComp.layer("R.Smalls.mp4").marker;
    n = 0;
    if (m.numKeys > 0){
    n = m.nearestKey(time).index;
    if (time < m.key(n).time) n--;
    }
    if (textIndex < n){
    0;
    }else if (textIndex == n){
    t = time - m.key(n).time;
    ease(t,0,fade,100,0);
    }else{
    100;
    }

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    February 7, 2020 at 2:16 pm in reply to: Noob question: decimal points in random() expression

    In general, I think animating the wiggle frequency isn’t going to turn out the way you hope. For more info, see this:

    https://www.motionscript.com/articles/speed-control.html#wiggle

    I’m not sure what I’d recommend though…

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    February 7, 2020 at 10:53 am in reply to: Wiggling just one axis

    This should work:

    w = wiggle(1,100);
    [value[0],value[1],w[2]]

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    February 6, 2020 at 8:01 pm in reply to: Syncing text to audio

    For your latest question, you could use an opacity expression like this for the text:

    fade = .25;
    m = thisComp.layer(“1.mp3”).marker;
    n = 0;
    if (m.numKeys > 0){
    n = m.nearestKey(time).index;
    }
    if (n == 0){
    0;
    }else if (n == 1){
    t = time – m.key(n).time;
    ease(t,0,fade,0,100);
    }else{
    if (time < m.key(n).time){
    t = m.key(n).time – time;
    ease(t,0,fade,0,100);
    }else{
    t = time – m.key(n).time;
    ease(t,0,fade,0,100);
    }
    }

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    February 6, 2020 at 4:57 pm in reply to: Noob question: decimal points in random() expression

    What did you mean by this:

    “it simply doesn’t work”

    What were you expecting vs. what actually happened?

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    February 5, 2020 at 12:30 am in reply to: Counting specific layers from above the current layer?

    Something like this should work:


    count = 0;
    for (i = 1; i < index; i++){
    L = thisComp.layer(i);
    try{
    if (L.text.sourceText.value.indexOf("title") > -1) count++;
    }catch(e){
    }
    }
    count

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 31, 2020 at 5:41 pm in reply to: Glow Smooth Random

    Try this:

    min = 22;
    max = 33;
    freq = 1;
    avg = (max+min)/2;
    avg + wiggle(freq,(max-min)/2)-value

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 29, 2020 at 10:23 pm in reply to: Continue a sequence of keyframes

    How about just:

    loopOut()

    Dan

Page 156 of 1081

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy