[Richard Cardonna] “Actually I plan to have a Mac with both OS and XP I will have fcb plus premiere or avid. “
[Richard Cardonna] “I could include the whole adobe or fcp package with a top G5 plus a couple of 30 inch screens an IO/HD or a adobe matrox. But what else can i offer “
You’re not gonna do this on a discontinued G5. I assume you mean an Intel Mac Pro.
Here’s some things in a nutshell:
If people are bringing in their own editors the bulk will either be FCP or Avid and I suspect there are more FCP freelancers these days.
If some part of your “package” doesn’t include something they can buy on their own, they’ll probably buy their own.
If you offer a “finishing” package (stuff they can’t buy on their own) you might get finishing work. You might want to provide on staff finishing service. For example, many FCP editors can’t color grade, make project to broadcast spec, output to broadcast format, prepare files for film, Blu-ray, etc.
You may want to include on staff work flow consulting as an additional service.
In any case you’re going to need a loaded room to attract outside projects with their own editors . . . OR some very low budget producers who can’t afford to buy a Mac Pro (or even an iMac) with FCP.