Forum Replies Created

Page 942 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    May 19, 2008 at 3:23 am in reply to: Compression for best QUALITY out of FCP

    Can’s say much unless you say something about the settings you used.
    Without any more info I can only suggest that you increase your data rate.

  • Craig Seeman

    May 19, 2008 at 1:45 am in reply to: XDCAM Transfer 2.7 still not showing all clips

    I saw a warning pop up during the install saying to either back up or remove such database (I forget the exact wording) apparently implying the data base would be replaced.

    I noticed the first time I used 2.7 after that it apparently had yet another warning as I accessed BPAV folders but it seemed to “repair” such folders making the files accessible again.

    The BPAV files do work for me now but I wouldn’t be surprised if some “hiccup” in the procedure might make files “disappear” if the database was somehow damaged in the process.

    Alas, Sony has very cryptic information.

  • Craig Seeman

    May 18, 2008 at 5:31 pm in reply to: XDCAM Transfer 2.7 still not showing all clips

    I wouldn’t think it’s ShotPut also. It only creates folder and copies BPAV. As long as BPAV isn’t altered Transfer Tool should see the clips.

    Obviously somethings up though. Either something corrupting BPAV or some bug with Transfer Tool 2.7.

    BTW when you installed 2.7 did you follow the instructions? Something about Database.sqlite3
    I wouldn’t doubt that would impact what Transfer Tool sees. In other words you can’t simply install 2.7 over 2.5.1 or 2.1. The above file must be removed first.

    I’ve noticed that it has had to do some sort of “rebuild” when importing files from previous BPAV folders.

  • Craig Seeman

    May 16, 2008 at 2:33 pm in reply to: Real Video out of quicktimes? Help!!!

    Real Video is NOT Quicktime. It’s Real Video. I haven’t gotten a request for it in YEARS. Real’s own free encoder is not compatible with 10.4.x or 10.5.x and not compatible with Intel Macs (since there aren’t Intel Macs running 10.3.x)

    https://www.realnetworks.com/products/realexport/index.html

    Episode, with some nifty magic from Telestream, CAN encode to Real even on Intel Macs.
    So if the above free exporter doesn’t work I think Episode is the only option I know of on the Mac. There’s really not much interest in Real these days and I’m honestly surprised someone is asking for it.

  • Some have reported backfocus issue but not of the focus system failing.

    There’s a backfocus routine in the maintenance menu that Sony is keeping a deep dark secret from the users. Also people have reported that going to firmware 1.05 fixes the backfocus issue but Sony is keeping that a secret too.

  • Craig Seeman

    May 16, 2008 at 12:35 pm in reply to: XDCAM Transfer to FCP – duplicate clip PROBLEM

    Update XDCAM Transfer Tool to 2.7. There are serious bugs in 2.1 and there’s no reason to stay with it.

  • Craig Seeman

    May 15, 2008 at 5:47 pm in reply to: For best image clarity, 1080p or 720p HQ?

    [Rafael Amador] “Really. Gif files have only 8b per pixel. Only 256 possible colors in a picture.”

    It’s the same reason people use JPEG, not GIF, for photos when building webpages.

    In general, any additional compression by a lossy codec can amplify the noise. Of course one can smooth it to clean it up. In either case that absolutely NOT the way to analyze noise issue. One needs to look at the original files. One needs to examine on a monitor with high enough resolution to see that detail.

    You can’t even judge these things accurately in an NLE interface since it may be doing some fast scalling. That’s why people use output to a monitor while editing.

  • Craig Seeman

    May 15, 2008 at 5:40 pm in reply to: XDCAM Transfer to FCP – duplicate clip PROBLEM

    Update XDCAM Transfer Tool to 2.7.0.

    Personally I use Transfer Tool on the Desktop and then import into FCP. Unless one is mid project, I don’t see any advantage to having FCP open when I’m just re-wraping files to mov.

    You can delete the clips in your browser and reimport. The above two suggestions should fix the issue though.

  • Craig Seeman

    May 15, 2008 at 5:38 pm in reply to: To work with XDCAM EX?

    It works quickly and easily on my MacPro 8 core. I set the sequence to render in ProRes (that’s NOT the same as having to convert the files to ProRes) and it’s fast. The above means the renders are in Pro Res so it doesn’t have to rebuild the GOP structure when you add filters and transitions in FCP. The same feature is available for HDV though.

    I’m using FCP 6.0.3 and I’m not exactly sure when FCP implemented this but it was recently. You do have to know the feature exists though and you do need to change that setting in the sequence since it’s not part of the “Easy Setups”

  • Craig Seeman

    May 15, 2008 at 5:33 pm in reply to: XDCAM Transfer Tool 2.70 for Mac is out

    [Michael Palmer] “Wow I wish I had this yesterday”

    Sony UK had this posted a few days back Sony USA is (and has been) days behind the other Sony regions. Sony USA also makes it REALLY HARD to find the updates IMHO.

    [Michael Palmer] “If any other fixes were made please post them.”
    If only Sony made all this clear with a What’s New fixes and enhancements. They did add support for XDCAM HD 422.

    Just to be clear the Transfer Tool is not just for the EX series. It’s for all XDCAM transfer with Final Cut Pro.

Page 942 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy