Forum Replies Created

Page 125 of 1040
  • Craig Seeman

    January 25, 2014 at 8:43 pm in reply to: Dave Dugdale fun NLE survey

    So far, if you bought FCPX all new feature updates have been free.
    For Apple, new features may eventually encourage one to buy a new computer though.

  • Craig Seeman

    January 25, 2014 at 1:53 pm in reply to: Dave Dugdale fun NLE survey

    I don’t think Adobe will fail. I do think they’ll lose market share with the subscription model. Not that market share is related to profit. Actually as a business Adobe will do well unlike Avid. I also think a good chunk of those CS6 users will go elsewhere. Not necessarily to FCPX. Much of Dugdale’s audience is not “high end” and in the mid and lower level market, competition is going to increase.

  • Craig Seeman

    January 24, 2014 at 8:33 pm in reply to: Dave Dugdale fun NLE survey

    [Franz Bieberkopf] “That PPro line doesn’t make sense to me: high point was 2004? with a bump in 2008?”

    I hadn’t noticed the dates in detail. I was assuming the drop because most CS6 users have been long time (although there are some new sales I’d imagine) and wouldn’t be searching for tutorials. CC users would.

    Of course that drop given the dates might well be why Adobe went CC. Sales dropping and people skipping upgrades means a decline in tutorial searches leaving them with “CCC” (Coerced Creative Cloud) in order to have ongoing income not dependent on upgrades.

  • Craig Seeman

    January 24, 2014 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Dave Dugdale fun NLE survey

    [Franz Bieberkopf] “his search stats are interesting.”

    Nose dive for PPro as I saw it and it makes sense to me.

  • Craig Seeman

    January 24, 2014 at 8:14 pm in reply to: Dave Dugdale fun NLE survey

    [David Mathis] “Of the Premiere Pro base just curious to know how many of them have CS compared to those that are on the subscription only model.”

    It looked like half were still on CS6 on the pie chart had individual breakdown. It’ll be interesting to see how many of those CS6 users move to CC vs FCPX vs Other.

    BTW given his DSLR focus CC does make sense because for Adobe users it’s not just PPro but Photoshop probably getting significant use/value.

  • Craig Seeman

    January 24, 2014 at 1:35 pm in reply to: Happy Birthday Macintosh

    There’s no internal expansion. It’ll never succeed. 😉

  • Craig Seeman

    January 23, 2014 at 11:20 pm in reply to: OT: Google Drive or Hightail (YouSendit as was)

    If you’re daring

    https://www.bittorrent.com/sync

  • [Chuck Pullen] “Craig Seeman] “Packet loss can be a problem. Always should be 0%”

    How do I check for that?”

    Posted the link in an earlier post “Pingtest”

    [Chuck Pullen] “but switching from a still to live is causing a massive bit-rate fluctuation, and something can’t handle it?”

    Wirecast generally handles this assuming the sources are set up OK. You have to test that. Many stills may be way too big and that can cause issues with the rapid change in source material.

  • Craig Seeman

    January 23, 2014 at 6:36 pm in reply to: Best way to use Wireacst with New Livestream

    [Chuck Pullen] “”New” Livestream has a $50 package that seems perfect for most of my clients.”

    Look at DaCast
    https://www.dacast.com/streaming-pricing-plans.html
    or TikiLive
    https://www.tikilive.com/upgrade

    [Chuck Pullen] “[Craig Seeman] ”
    That would certainly work. Even Wirecast’s External Display Output can work if you have HDMI out and can patch the computer’s audio out separately.”

    Working in broadcast, I am very particular about lip-sync, I would think that solution would throw sync way off?”

    I know of people using it without issue (at least they haven’t reported sync issues).

  • [Chuck Pullen] ” Speedtest showed well over 10 MB up last night, so I highly doubt bandwidth was the issue.”

    Packet loss can be a problem. Always should be 0%

    [Chuck Pullen] “This is the first time that I have seen the entire stream “fall apart” like that on the return feed”

    What was new, the slides? Size and source codec might have been the problem impacting the transitions.

Page 125 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy