Forum Replies Created

Page 116 of 1040
  • [Lizzie Finnegan] “We also need to get a few simple video cameras and audio recorders—probably DSLRs that can work with external audio, and Zoom recorders and mics, but I don’t know which models to recommend for beginning students.”

    Maybe my own bias but I’m not sure DSLR video is “beginner” unless they’re up on things like depth of field and willing to learn about syncing sound. I assuming you’d be sticking with just the kit lenses unless you have a budget and inclination to go in that direction. Of course maybe these students have photography classes.

    I think maybe Canon XA10 or Panasonic HMC40 would be better entry level professional video cameras.
    Otherwise if you really want DSLR type cameras you could go with Panasonic GH3 (actually mirrorless micro 4/3) since they seem to be more “video friendly” than Canon or Nikon (Just my humble opinion). The Zoom H1 might OK for your purposes if you’re not looking for a recorder with XLR inputs.

    [Lizzie Finnegan] “is there anything to replace Flash for doing interactive web-installed animation? Our students won’t be learning to code, or at least not well enough to write the programs themselves, but we would like them to be able to do some of those interactive digital poetics projects of the kind you could do with Flash if there are any possibilities. “

    HTML5. Not as flexible as Flash as of yet. That would be Adobe Edge Animate. I’m not sure how much easier that is than Flash though.
    https://html.adobe.com/edge/animate/

  • [Tim Wilson] “It seemed like this was the right place to get the answers that would not just for Lizzie, but would move things along for the widest group of other teachers and students as well. “

    Tangentially, that says a lot about what this forum really offers. 😉

  • Craig Seeman

    March 12, 2014 at 10:14 pm in reply to: Red Giant Universe

    [David Mathis] “Will also be interesting to see whether Boris does something similar.”

    Subscription or a lower price than $995 to buy Continuum Complete?

    I noted that normally it would cost close to $500 to buy Toonit, Holomatrix, Knoll, none of which were available for FCPX. Now the Lifetime “buy” is $399. So that’s new compatibility and a price drop. This in addition to the free plugins.

    BorisCC should drop the price as well (compatible with X and Motion already)
    GenArts Saphire (not Edge) should do the same (make compatible with X and Motion).
    Somehow I don’t expect that to happen. I think they’ve basically given up on the FCPX market.
    I don’t think they’re interested in competing with downward prices in plugins.

  • Craig Seeman

    March 10, 2014 at 10:46 pm in reply to: Live Graphics
  • Craig Seeman

    March 10, 2014 at 10:36 pm in reply to: Live Graphics

    You may have to ask them directly.
    I did find this for example though.
    https://streamvu.com/pricing/sportzcast/

  • … or in other words, FCPX is the NLE that all others are now compared to whether explicit or implicit. 😉

    Can anyone imagine questions like this being posited on a Vegas or Edius forum?

  • Craig Seeman

    March 6, 2014 at 9:46 pm in reply to: Live Graphics

    That’s a very broad question.

    For sports some are using SportZCast LiveCG
    https://www.sportzcast.net
    example
    https://www.sportzcast.net/LiveCG.aspx
    and Wirecast compatibility
    https://www.sportzcast.net/Wirecast.aspx

  • Craig Seeman

    March 6, 2014 at 5:08 pm in reply to: Wish List For Next Update

    Timeline movement for audio resolves to 1/80th of a frame I believe. I don’t know of any other NLE that allows that kind of fine movement of audio in the timeline itself.

  • Craig Seeman

    March 6, 2014 at 2:23 am in reply to: computer screen capture software

    Odd that you post that question in this forum.

    I use Telestream ScreenFlow.
    Used by lots of professional tutorial makers on the Mac
    https://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm

  • Craig Seeman

    March 6, 2014 at 1:41 am in reply to: Wish List For Next Update

    [David Mathis] “I think they should bring back tracks but that is very unlikely to even take place. “

    FCPX is the only NLE I know of that has my most preferred feature, tracklessness.
    I’d no more want tracks then I’d want horses to pull my car.

Page 116 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy