Forum Replies Created

Page 114 of 1040
  • YouTube recommendations.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?rd=1

    Note 1080p at 50,000kbps. That would likely give their best quality for downrezing.

  • Craig Seeman

    April 1, 2014 at 5:30 am in reply to: best option for WMV encoding on a Mac

    Flip4Mac encodes WMV9 specifically and is distributed by Microsoft for Mac WMV9 encoding.
    Many other encoders are only doing WMV8 or earlier encodes.

  • Craig Seeman

    March 27, 2014 at 8:38 pm in reply to: H.264 files still too big!

    I can’t make it any simpler than
    [Craig Seeman] “Basic rule for all compression.
    File size is data rate times duration.
    “

    Please explain what part of that is confusing. Honestly I’m keeping this very simple.

    Using Firefox you can upload up to 20GB to YouTube.

    [Erin McConnell] “When I attempted to send through the 7GB h.264 files created in the manner above, the recipients could stream it it in dropbox, but not download it.”

    I’m going to guess they don’t know how to use dropbox then.

    Given what’s going on I honestly think you should hire someone to do this for you and show you in the process. It really seems your in a deep quagmire (over your head) as a novice.

  • Craig Seeman

    March 27, 2014 at 6:31 pm in reply to: H.264 files still too big!

    No settings. Please read my post. Please read the sticky.
    Sorry but I feel you’re not really reading or understanding what I need.

    Sorry but It sounds like you don’t understand how Compressor (or compression) works.
    YouTube can fit 20GB and no duration limit with accounts in good standing.

  • Craig Seeman

    March 26, 2014 at 8:30 pm in reply to: H.264 files still too big!

    Basic rule for all compression.
    File size is data rate times duration.

    Maybe it’s not self evident but if you’re using a kilobits per second data rate, the number of seconds and the number of kilobits will determine the total number kilobits.

    See sticky post at the top of this forum for more detailed help.

  • Craig Seeman

    March 26, 2014 at 7:13 pm in reply to: Using GH3 as ip Camera in Wirecast

    Unless they’re doing something proprietary you may not have all the info you need.
    The GoPro needs the http playlist info, for example, not just the IP address.

  • Craig Seeman

    March 26, 2014 at 2:49 pm in reply to: Using GH3 as ip Camera in Wirecast

    I see mention of it here

    https://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/6703/control-your-gh3-from-a-web-browser-now-with-video-/p1

    GH3 IP address discovery

    If you’re not directly connected to the wifi ssid provided by the GH3, As @Vitaliy_Kiselev pointed out, you need to know the ip address of the GH3 to use the web remote, and find/replace all the “192.168.0.1” in the “requests.html” file with the IP address of the GH3. There is a way to make that automatic : make the application able to mimic the SSDP protocol behavior, which imply UDP and multicast… Or you can do a port scan (on port 50001) on all the machine in the same subnet as your machine, but you have to retrieve your subnet.

    Anyone interested in coding this is very welcome (I’m afraid Javascript will not be a good tool to determine your own subnet…)

    Edit v04 : I’ve managed to discover the GH3 IP address using Java, but I need to make a few changes in the web page to provide the ability to the end user to read it on the Java window title, and write it down on a text field of the web page.

  • Craig Seeman

    March 26, 2014 at 2:47 pm in reply to: Using GH3 as ip Camera in Wirecast

    I’m sure if you dig you’ll find the secret.
    Personally, I found the IP address that GoPro uses to send video to its iPhone app and have brought that in to Wirecast which is https://10.5.5.9:8080/live/amba.m3u8
    That’s the address plus the HTTP Stream Playlist.

    There must be an equivalent for the GH3.

  • Craig Seeman

    March 25, 2014 at 11:41 pm in reply to: Using GH3 as ip Camera in Wirecast

    Panasonic GH3?
    Have you looked at wifi setup in the camera’s manual?

  • Craig Seeman

    March 25, 2014 at 8:30 pm in reply to: upgrading mid 2010 mac pro

    Barefeats did some test with 2010 MacPro and various GPU configs.
    https://barefeats.com/tube05.html

Page 114 of 1040

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy