Forum Replies Created

Page 141 of 282
  • [Franz Bieberkopf] “and which achieves the rare feat of using “database” as an adjective, unless “database motives” is actually a compound subject”

    All I have to say about this is that I think that Database Motives will be the title of a either 1) a pithy 2018 off-Broadway RomCom (that will be hideously adapted to File the very next year), or 2) a blurry, washed-out attempt at a Tony Scott knockoff that will debut on iTunes sometime around 2019. Of course there is also option 3, but I’m not certain that porn actually has titles anymore.

  • I took Jeremy’s use of quotation marks as a means to delineate the dialog of a fictional, hypothetical you, delivering a brief monologue that distilled and lampooned his notion of your point of view. This is not to say that I agree with Jeremy’s characterization of either the situation or the hypothetical you–quit frankly, I’ve forgotten what that was–but I think his use of quotation marks was both in bounds and effective. Is this as off-topic as I can possibly get?

  • Chris Harlan

    June 26, 2012 at 12:52 am in reply to: Extremely Detailed Review of the rMBP

    [David Lawrence] “I’m not happy about waiting. CS6 really needs more than I can give it and I’m ready to buy something. But I really want state-of-the-art. I’m willing to pay for it, but it feels like this is about a year too early. Maybe something used and cheap as a interim machine?”

    I’ve got to tell you, I’ve been very happy with my last on the line 17″. It preforms favorably against the current chip release. And, 2010 17 still preforms well too, though without TBolt. If they were still selling a next gen MBP 17, I would probably choose it over the MBPr. So, there might be some bargains out there.

  • [Craig Seeman] “Final Cut Pro X features: catching up and superseding
    https://alex4d.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/fcpx-past-and-future/

    Interesting read on some interesting thinking from an interesting plugin creator (amongst other things).
    “

    Interesting! (Seriously.)

  • Chris Harlan

    June 25, 2012 at 8:21 pm in reply to: Thoughts from the departed?

    Well said.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 25, 2012 at 6:21 pm in reply to: Thoughts from the departed?

    [Mark Raudonis] “Here we are more than one year later, and nothing that
    I’ve seen from X so far has made me question my decision to go back to Avid.
    “

    Agreed. I’m quite happy with Mc6, though I would like to see a more robust audio implementation, i.e. more tracks, busses, and a master track that could accept filters and plugins. But, yes, nothing about X makes me pause at all about embracing Avid.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 25, 2012 at 6:15 pm in reply to: Thoughts from the departed?

    [Shane Ross] “I don’t. It still works very well for most of the jobs that people are using it for.

    I still use it, but also have moved onto Avid. The future for me is Avid/Adobe.
    “

    That’s where I am as well. There are a few things in FCP 7 that are still better than anything else, and I still use it, but I find that I’ve moved on as well. My future is also Avid/Adobe, and though there are, to my mind, some things that could use improvement–Avid needs to improve its Audio implementation, for instance, and Adobe needs to make things like Media Management work better–both current versions of the software shine.

  • Chris Harlan

    June 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm in reply to: What will Apple say….

    Nothing that isn’t already available here?

    https://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/

  • [Penny Clark] “Ok I’m confused then! Does that mean they’ve sent me the wrong delivery spec? I was just going off of that!
    “

    Is what you are delivering the final element before final compression, or is it one more element in what someone else is assembling?

  • I just used Project Manager to condense and move a Promo from my laptop to my 8 Core. It worked well, except–I had three clips that had speed adjustments, and all three clips were wildly, wrongly replaced in the new project by footage from some other part of the source material. Is this a known bug, and if, is there any known work around? I do a lot of speed change so I’m happy I found this out on a spot with relatively little.

    I’m on CS6, on Lion.

    No comments?

Page 141 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy