Forum Replies Created

Page 586 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    April 4, 2007 at 9:58 pm in reply to: Little FCP quirk

    I think you may be. And having been an Avid editor and linear editor in the past, I have found no difference between the way all 3 systems work in this matter. Avid may have more visual cues nowadays or something, but this seems like such a minor preference with a couple methods to get the result you want. Can’t make everyone happy.

  • Bret Williams

    April 4, 2007 at 8:39 pm in reply to: Purging obsolete render files

    FCP deletes unused render files everytime they are either beyond the undo total, or you quit the app, which also purges the udo cache.

    But here’s the thing, even if just one frame is still used in some sequence, then that render file is going to be kept. Even if it’s 2 hours long.

    I’m with everyone else. Simply delete your render files. Either via render manager, or the sure fire way, the finder. Rerender.

    Why does this worry you?

  • Bret Williams

    April 4, 2007 at 8:33 pm in reply to: Little FCP quirk

    This is correct and behavior. Since you only need 3 marks for an edit, the record deck (read sequence) is given precedence since it’s the master. Your problem could just as easily occur the other way round. One or the other has to be the default. It’s simply not an option for the system to use the “last 3 marks.” You may have made the clip marks the day before yesterday. Maybe the in before the out. Maybe the out before the in. Who knows? So not a possibility. The way it works is that if there are 4 marks, the outpoint of the source clip is ignored. Some mark has to take one for the team and it always needs to be the same mark.

    This would be your quick fix when you see it happen.

    cmd+z (undo)
    option+o (clears out)
    F10 or F9 to either overwrite or insert

    Or you could do it the way I tend to do it. I mark an in/out in the viewer and drag it to the timeline. Much more visual. I may even mark an in in the timeline to snap to. Everything depends on the situation and my mood. 🙂

  • Bret Williams

    April 3, 2007 at 11:37 pm in reply to: Screen grabs of the whold interface for tutorial

    pixels is pixels. Increase the rez and you’ll have smaller type cuz more pixels. No gain any way you do it. Not until rez independent interface Leopard.

  • Bret Williams

    April 3, 2007 at 6:26 am in reply to: Quicktime Pro Capture to FCP Import???

    There isn’t any tc on an 8mm tape, so using capture now with non controllable device set would be the way to go.

  • Bret Williams

    April 3, 2007 at 2:15 am in reply to: 32k vs. 48k log and capture issues

    It doesn’t have a 32khz preset, but if you can make your own. Except it doesn’t have 12bit support, which is what 32khz is recorded as. I don’t know why. I can’t remember if it’s been always been that way or not.

  • Bret Williams

    April 2, 2007 at 8:44 pm in reply to: 32k vs. 48k log and capture issues

    Having just dealt with this some posts below about a week or so ago…

    You can’t actually set you capture settings correctly for 32k. It will only do 16 bit, not 12. I found this actually was screwing with my footage.

    I just used the 48k standard DV setting. After each batch capture you’ll get a warning about capture setting mismatch, but other than that, everything was perfectly normal.

    If you’re capturing whole tapes all bets are off. But on normal 1-2minute captures I had no issues.

  • Bret Williams

    March 31, 2007 at 6:42 pm in reply to: Screen grabs of the whold interface for tutorial

    OUch- that’s hard. Just press cmd+shift+3 to grab whole screen. Press cmd+shift+4 to draw a marquee around an area to grab. Or the coolest, cmd+shift+4 then immediately space bar. That brings up a little camera. Move it over the window you want and click. It’ll capture that window.

  • Bret Williams

    March 31, 2007 at 5:11 am in reply to: Website Navigation Coming Up Under Images

    Looks like the Adobe problem is only in Safari. Not FF or IE on either Mac or Windows.

  • Bret Williams

    March 31, 2007 at 5:01 am in reply to: Website Navigation Coming Up Under Images

    You need to design around the flash. Flash by default just kinda takes over. Always in front as long as it’s playing.

    Go look at Adobe’s web site. They have numerous pull down menus that disappear under the flash animation below it as you mouse over. They may work better in IE, but in Safari I see this problem everywhere. I figure if Adobe can’t make it work perfectly, I’m not gonna have much luck.

Page 586 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy