Forum Replies Created

Page 125 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    April 14, 2015 at 3:17 pm in reply to: Blending Object Opacities in Motion 4

    Try putting the two objects in the same group, each at 100% opacity. Then change the opacity of the group.

  • Bret Williams

    April 13, 2015 at 10:34 pm in reply to: One of a thousand posts with some 10.2 info….

    Or just free up the graphics guy.

  • Bret Williams

    April 13, 2015 at 10:27 pm in reply to: One of a thousand posts with some 10.2 info….

    I for one have never asked for one single thing you mentioned. The absolute number one missing thing is Motion integration in my book. Hands down. Didn’t get it. But I think they’ve made some inroads in that area and I wouldn’t be surprised to see something like that in a 10.2.2 release after a bug fix release.

  • Bret Williams

    April 13, 2015 at 10:23 pm in reply to: One of a thousand posts with some 10.2 info….

    It always seemed like it’d be natural to lasso the Keyframes in the timeline, press cmd c, highlight another layer, place the play head, and press paste. Like most every application since 1984. Like AE. But for some reason in Motion I can’t even get copy and paste Keyframes to work consistently in the Keyframe editor. I honestly don’t know how to do it correctly obviously. Sometimes I try the menu copy. Sometimes cmd c. Sometimes I select the Keyframes and right click and copy. And then it’s the same issue with paste. I’m trying some combination of the fore mentioned methods along with the same paste methods and sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes I find them on a completely different group or track. Something that should be so basic is for some reason ridiculously complicated or unnatural to me at least.

  • Bret Williams

    April 13, 2015 at 10:11 pm in reply to: ~~ Ideal iMac setup for After Effect and FCP

    So at my facility you just said ” I’m going to go ask my wife for money.” 🙂

  • Bret Williams

    April 13, 2015 at 8:04 pm in reply to: ~~ Ideal iMac setup for After Effect and FCP

    I guess it could work as a second machine. If you put more RAM in it. 🙂

    And give 10.2 a try. RAM leaks and sluggishness is supposed to be a thing of the past. But honestly I can’t imagine trying to use AE with 8 gigs. I’m doing corporate stuff in FCP, AE and motion. 32gigs doesn’t seem like enough sometimes.

    If you go iMac, get 32gigs RAM, i7, and the top GPU and you’ll be a happy camper.

  • Bret Williams

    April 13, 2015 at 7:27 pm in reply to: Did Post Magazine prematurely announce FCPX 10.2?

    They did. By about 10 minutes I think. By the time I could find the cache of the page, FCP.co had a review up. Minutes later Ripple was selling training and somewhere in there the download was available.

    Maybe they just got trigger happy but sometimes the preview and post buttons are pretty close together…

  • Bret Williams

    April 13, 2015 at 7:24 pm in reply to: One of a thousand posts with some 10.2 info….

    Not downloading just yet. How does the copy paste work?

  • Bret Williams

    April 13, 2015 at 12:38 pm in reply to: Ken Burns

    Not really. They’re basically preset moves. You can of course adjust them completely. But they give you a bunch of presets like zoom in and down. Pan up and right. Etc. and either with or without easing. I’ve found they work really well as is usually.

  • Bret Williams

    April 13, 2015 at 12:31 pm in reply to: Ken Burns

    ate you using the ken burns controls? There is a plug called Ken Burns from FCP effects that I find invaluable for this stuff.

Page 125 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy