Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
surely the interesting number is the 2500 seats of FCP7 mentioned above? – which BBC lists as equivalent to Avid – as a ‘craft editor’ in 2010.
the point would be what happens to those 2500 seats with FCP7 EOL?
Avid might be the simple answer, but I’d guess, in entire ignorance, that the BBC techie bods are, at the very least, taking a somewhat newly serious look at PPro 6, which they, like, have anyway…to quote Scott Simmons from editblog:
https://twitter.com/#!/editblog/status/195191565260558336
If we all start to sense a communal dance towards Premiere at the same time, then the Facility scale pickup and implementation could be pretty big and pretty fast?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
April 25, 2012 at 2:54 pm in reply to: COW FCPX forum Talking about SCRI News makes SCRI News – thread on Avid Downward Trenddamn you. I was about to type your first sentence word for word.
(walks away kicking a pebble)
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
April 24, 2012 at 11:46 pm in reply to: OT: Adobe’s Colaborative Workflow Concept (at NAB)[Walter Soyka] “Some contributors to this forum seem to have taken the stance that Apple is the only true innovator in the NLE space, “
hey, hey – now come on: secondary storylines? I mean, who couldn’t fall in love with that totally random weirdness?
getting that weird little gradient cap appearing over the clips? So I can make a dissolve between two clips above the primary?By invoking the random power of a… drum roll… secondary storyline?
I’m telling you Walter: that conceptual leap felt like the clear blue skies, deeply logical future of editing to me. 😉
(snark!)
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
April 24, 2012 at 11:17 am in reply to: OT: TBolt eSATA adaptor is pretty darn slick at first glance.[Chris Harlan] “Well, La-de-da.”
I am just here to say that people do not use this phrase enough.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
I suppose I did know the numbers, I just hadn’t really put the lease versus buy figures together?
also there’s the fact ye mention that the lease includes every last pipe of the adobe kitchen sink.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
wait – that’s how it works out? 900 quid vs 1800 over the equivalent period?
I’m literally getting ready to do the upgrade hopscotch to 5.5 production premium before may 7th, but if this holds true, then I’m better going sub right?
there’s some app authoring stuff in there outside the production suite that I could conceivably be interested in too?Also, to be fair: lightroom I have been meaning to settle into for years.
In theory, I’m actually supposed to have a photography degree.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Ah – Ok. got you – sooo the intended betrothed Xeon is sitting out there right now. And no MacPro coming out to dance. I lose track of the cpu stuff very easily.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
so is the short answer that we won’t know the fate of the Mac Pro until the Xeons come out right? Because that is the Mac Pro chip? Is it the thing that the Mac Pro is effectively delayed (if it isn’t cancelled) because the xeons are pretty late?
And did someone say there would be no xeons in the channel until 3d quarter this year? Or have I got this all wrong..
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
April 22, 2012 at 11:43 pm in reply to: HPZ1 all in one workstation -foreshadows the iMacPro?1,900 dollars as a base configuration with, er, integrated intel graphics and an i3 CPU isn’t wiiildly compelling. That just feels unnecessarily stingy. Although the lid swing gave me G3 flashbacks.
We just need to get an ice card in there, rev up AE properly.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
[Glen Hurd] “Looking forward to Looper. 🙂
“oh yes, indeedly.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics