Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
try this I linked it below:
There is no inherent superiority in FCPX due to its use of Core Data, and indeed I think it contributes to a lot of the sluggishness observed when a project gets complex and necessarily performs a lot more I/O on its SQLite database for each new timeline input.
thats from a dude who really knows. Thats how the database problem pertains to the FCPX timeline model in operation.
Clearer for you now? 🙂
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
No – sadly wrong again there Charles 🙂 –
it clearly states: The problem is partly due to the fact that Apple only had four people leading the company’s work on Core Data as of last year, –
a lot of people were surprised at that article. Even John Gruber was caught by it. And he’s the biggest Apple booster in the business. That is a savage article about Apple’s ability to execute and their reliability, “Devastating” as Gruber put it – no matter what way you slice it that article doesn’t read well, and it features issues with manpower and competence.
Read Bieberkopf’s linked piece from Andrew. Apart from anything else, its been floating around for a bit that the fundamental database structure for X may be inherently flawed and will always degrade once the project increases in complexity.
the people grasping at straws, that they then stick in the bottle of kool aid, and drink deep, are you poor guys. 🙂
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
I remember that one –
There is no inherent superiority in FCPX due to its use of Core Data, and indeed I think it contributes to a lot of the sluggishness observed when a project gets complex and necessarily performs a lot more I/O on its SQLite database for each new timeline input.
some of the more fervent FCPX supporters do love to wax rhapsodic about the wonders of the database…
to my mind there is serious amounts of blind magical wishful thinking involved. as ever.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
I get you on the specifics of the core syncing thing – but you’re skirting around the fact that there are four guys in total working on advancing and bug fixing core data full stop nevermind the syncing issue. That was one of the specific points the developers made – that they view it as a resource/does apple really care/ issue, given that there are just four guys representing the entire company effort on core data.
I can’t remember where we heard that kind of thing before.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
[Charlie Austin] “I’m feeling that’s less and less likely though, no matter what the trolls believe.”
hey Charlie – you know what they say – you’re never a troll once you remember to put a smiley face at the end of every sentence. 🙂
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
[Jeremy Garchow] “So many people are using Premiere that it is winning on sheer numbers, and therefore by default, there are more people posting.”
exactly. lets all just settle on Premiere and go out for a nice steak dinner to celebrate.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
[James Culbertson] “Are you going to be the one to break the news over at the the FCPX Techniques forum?”
not unless I get to wear some kind of Iron Man suit.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
[Walter Soyka] “never underestimate the value of a spreadsheet with loads of functions for graphics and animation automation…”
Walter – I have the answer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GukudKRLkQ
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.
-
[Jeremy Garchow] “It’s hard to know when there is no meaning.
If you are going strictly by volume, I could conclude that McDonalds is a healthy choice for lunch everyday.
“garchow taking the news badly there.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
[James Culbertson] “Well, that’s it then. Premiere has won.”
that was big of you to admit James, difficult, but big of you.
and now could we please shut down the forum and set about the task of positioning premiere as the broad mainstay editing system replacement for FCP7 that we all basically need so we can all get a good night’s sleep and stop trying to learn a baker’s dozen editing systems to cover all the bases.
I thank you.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics