Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Sony Cameras Z90V “simultaneous record” not working since 1.01 firmware upgrade, could it be user error?

• Z90V “simultaneous record” not working since 1.01 firmware upgrade, could it be user error?

CG Coffyn updated 2 years ago 1 Member · 2 Posts
  • CG Coffyn

August 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm

Hi, we just upgraded our Sony Z90V to 1.01 and the ability to record to two cards at once i.e. “simultaneous record” is not working. The setting and even visual icon on screen indicates simultaneous record, but the camera only records on the SD card in slot A.

I’m hoping that there is just some other setting that is conflicting with this and that it’s not a bug.

We are recording in 1080 30p, 4:2:2, 50mbps, 10 bit. We are using the same cards that were in the camera before the update (did remove them for the update). Though we are still in testing mode with the camera most of the footage on the cards (pre-update) was already shot on the same format successfully with the simultaneous record setting.

Any thoughts? Also, if this is a bug in the update how do I report it to Sony?

• CG Coffyn

September 4, 2018 at 11:24 pm

Update: this may not be the best section to post about the Sony Z90V or maybe it’s that the camera is to new. Anyway I received an answer that worked for me on another forum. In case this will help someone else here it is.

On further investigation I can reproduce your problem. Whether this is your problem or not you will have to check your REC SET menu. Under this menu you can have SIMULTANEOUS selected but have only one card recording IF under the REC BUTTON SETTING menu you have either of the two lower menu settings selected. I find you have to have the top menu line selected, the REC BUTTON A+B if you require both cards to record simultaneously. With the bottom two menu selections you can assign card recordings to either the normal hand grip record button or the top handle button… or vic a versa. To me it seems counter intuitive that if you have assigned different REC start buttons to to each card that simultaneous recording is not disabled. There you go, Sony’s lovely logic.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy