Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Sony Cameras › Working with PDW-U1 and PDZ 1 software on my pc.

  • Working with PDW-U1 and PDZ 1 software on my pc.

    Posted by Will Pedigo on September 4, 2009 at 6:35 pm

    I am working with the PDZ 1 software on my PC to log proxy files. My PC runs PDZ 1 fine, but I am having trouble connecting the PDW- U1 to my computer, which is too old to have USB 2 ports.

    So I connect a USB 2 port PCMCIA card to my laptop and the computer recognizes the PDW -U1 as a mass storage memory card. When I open the PDZ 1 software and click “file” then “read file from prodisc”, a port dialogue box opens with asking if I want to connect to the XDCAM via memory card.

    No other options are available. If I click “ok” I get a “disc image does not exist” warning.


    The work around I have found is going to a newer computer in the building, saving my proxy files to our document server and then saving them onto my Pc, which is really not that big of a deal, I just want to know if I am doing something wrong, or if using a PCMCIA USB 2 card is just not an option.
    Thanks.
    Will

    Will Pedigo replied 17 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy