Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › workflow from Jpeg 2000 time line to SD DVD

  • Rafael Amador

    January 27, 2011 at 10:53 pm

    Hi Paul,
    Same than Compressor, SHAKE use Qmaster for job distribution, so you can put all your cores to work; but the best is that you have different filters for the kind of job (Up/downscaling) and for different kind of stuff (video, Graphics).
    For Downscaling I use the “Dirac” filter.
    BTW, Motion has a very good filter (also present in SHAKE) for downscaling: Lanczos.
    Is in the “Image Units”.
    However Motion doesn’t render in Floating Point.
    rafael

    http://www.nagavideo.com

  • George Sloan

    January 28, 2011 at 12:02 am

    Hi Again Rafael,

    I am now converted officially to ProRES.
    Its all good except for render times. I do need help on render times. Last night i did 2 tests. Both exporting directly from timeline to compressor.

    One used QT settings the other Mpeg2 settings. The mpeg 2 worked well the qt settings did not.
    Plus the Mpeg2 was 1 hundred times faster compression.

    Today I am testing a 3rd method…MPEG (no conversion as instructed) to compressor where I used the
    Mpeg settings that worked so well last night. The render time is horrendous! So I guess I’ll go
    back to the strait to compressor method.

    Any comments? Thanks again.

    George
    sloanmotion.com

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy