-
Workflow from iphone through FCP 7 to YouTube
I have been creating a weekly podcast and spend too much time rendering. I have played around with conversions and know just enough to get me into trouble. I’ve used a droplet in Compressor to import my iPhone footage as ProRes 422, but the file size was huge. Doing this weekly will kill my laptop.
Does anyone know the best settings to import video from my iPhone, set the timeline in Final Cut Pro 7 and share the video on YouTube? My feeling is that if I can figure out what the best settings are, I can cut my rendering time down significantly. To complicate the matter a little, I also use footage from my Canon VIXIA for all my narrator/voice over clips. I usually import that footage first and then add the B roll from my iPhone when needed. I just don’t have time to experiment with all the thousands of settings to see what works. I’m sure someone else has experience with this. Thanks for your help.