Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Will Upgrading From Vegas 13 to 18 Increase Render Speed?

• Will Upgrading From Vegas 13 to 18 Increase Render Speed?

Wilfried Van updated 2 weeks, 3 days ago 4 Members · 4 Posts
  • Todd Visceral

July 13, 2021 at 3:16 am

Hey all. I’m still using Vegas 13.0 and I’m wondering if I would see faster render times if I upgrade to 18. I’ve read about a number of other features that interest me with 18 but I render a lot and a time improvement is what I’m most interested in.

• Bernie Lademann

July 13, 2021 at 5:09 am

Vegas 13 did not fully utilise multiple CPUs nor did it do GPU rendering. If you have a modern CPU/GPU you should definitely see a significant improvement on render speed. I am still using Vegas 16 and noticed landmark improvements to all previous versions with regard to render speed on current technology PC hardware.

• Francois Pénzes

July 13, 2021 at 6:31 pm

Hi Todd

Vegas 13 was released in the first quarter of 2014. Although much has improved software wise since, if you’re still using the same computer configuration, you won’t see a major difference in rendering time. You may even see slower rendering time with the latest version if you computer is to ”old”. Also, rendering time is highly dependent on CPU, GPU, Memory, Bus speed and hard drive type. (reading and rendering on the same drive is not a good idea). What will work great for someone else may not for you. Your rendered file choice will greatly affect render time. I found that getting the absolute best computer configuration is more akin to alchemy than pure science. 😉

Cheers !

• Wilfried Van

July 16, 2021 at 11:45 am

Am using vegas pro since version 4 and confirm that from version 11 , maybe even 10 , vegas pro if FULLY utilising ALL CPU’s ( 32 threads ) at 100% whilst rendering and this on HP Z820 workstations with 2 x 8core HT XEON processors . People keep on spreading wrong information about this and I wonder why . The only disadvantage on the sony vegas versions is the lack of GPU assistance but instead one is able to use lots of RAM ( dynamic RAM preview ) which allows for instant fast preview when applied FX ‘s . The Magix vegas versions work better with GPU on but at the same time , one has to put the dynamic preview RAM to a few MEGAbyte in order for it not to display ” vegas has stopped working ” …

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy