Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › Why does my 50fps video play in double speed on a 25fps timeline

  • Why does my 50fps video play in double speed on a 25fps timeline

    Posted by Allard Depallerd on January 17, 2014 at 8:39 am

    I have shot some clips in 1280×720 @ 50fps, on my Mark III. I have done this to create nice slow motions out of these clips.

    My main timeline in Premiere CC (windows) is 1920×1080 @ 25fps.

    I always thought..that when I dropped the 50fps clip on a 25fps, and I tell Premiere to interpret the footage as 25fps (via the project window).. it would become a nice slow motion. I have done this before.

    However, when I tell premiere to interpret the footage as 25fps, it just plays at normal speed on my timeline, not in slow motion. If I drop it as a normal 50fps on my 25 timeline, it plays in double speed.

    Did something change in Premiere, or am I overlooking something?

    The weird thing is.. is that when i create a 50fps sequences.. and drop the 50fps clip on it.. it also plays in double speed…

    who can shed some light. Basically, i just want to create smooth slowmotion with these 50fps clips on my 25 timeline..

    thank you!

    Allard Depallerd replied 12 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Ann Bens

    January 17, 2014 at 9:03 pm

    Something is not quite right.
    Might want to hold down shift+alt when opening premiere and then emptying the media cache database.

    ———————————————–
    Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
    Adobe Community Professional

  • Allard Depallerd

    January 18, 2014 at 12:53 pm

    Thank you for your answer.. unfortunately.. it didnt work.
    I forgot to tell you that I have both CS6 and CC on my computer at the same time. Not sure if this matters…?

  • Allard Depallerd

    January 18, 2014 at 4:32 pm

    I figured it out:

    I have the magic lantern hack on my 5D, and that has a setting to override the FPS of your vide. I had that checked, and it messed up the framerate so that premiere got confused or something. WHen I turn it of, everything works as it should..

    thank you for your help !

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy