Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro What are the fastest 1080p export settings with good enough quality for YouTube?

• What are the fastest 1080p export settings with good enough quality for YouTube?

• Paul Nicholson

October 26, 2021 at 1:24 am

I am exporting a 4 hour video from Premiere Pro CS6. Its been exporting for days. It is now at 30% complete with an estimated 44 hours to go. Estimated file size is 17611MB. I am exporting at H.264 10 Mbps. The clips are comprised entirely of iPhone 11 1080p selfie footage that has been processed through Handbrake so the framerate is stable and the lips are synced. Adobe Premiere Pro is currently using 64% CPU and 3461MB RAM according to Task Manager. My PC is Intel Core i7-8700K 3.70 Ghz 32Gb RAM Windows 10 Pro Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with a 1TB M.2 Solid State Root Drive and a 10TB 7200RPM secondary drive where the clips are stored.

Adobe Premiere Pro Cs6 does not recognise the Mercury Playback Engine CUDA or whatever its called. Adobe used to recognise my GPU but upgrades from either Nvidia or Windows appear to have screwed it up.

Please tell me how to speed up this process. I don’t mind stitching 1 hour videos together if that’s faster but I don’t want the end result to be separated. Less that 10Mbps is generally too pixelated. I don’t want a bad quality video.

Please tell me how to export acceptable quality 1080p 4 hour + videos from Premiere Pro CS6 in under 12 hours. I am willing to upgrade to CC if its WORTH it, but consider that a last resort because I won’t fork out money unless I have to. I do not make an income from videos.

• Tero Ahlfors

October 26, 2021 at 10:41 am

CS6 is 10 years old. It doesn’t know how to use newer GPUs and newer GPUs don’t know how to use old software and there has been a lot of optimization in 10 years. Also if you have any effects or you have the maximum quality tab on (you won’t need that unless you do scaling) the render will slow down more.

With CC hardware acceleration and a fairly beefy computer (Ryzen 1950X, 64 gigs of ram, RTX 2080 Ti) I can export a four hour H264 file in about 30 minutes.

You could try and install some intermediate codec like Cineform and use that. I’m not sure if that’s even available separately anymore.

• Paul Nicholson

October 26, 2021 at 1:59 pm

!!! Thirty Minutes !!!

I guess I could do the free trial. Does CC understand pproj files? I want to see if you’re even close to accurate. It sounds too good to be true. This is my one chance to do the free trial so I hope you are not omitting crucial information. You didn’t address the fact that my GPU was recognised by Premiere Pro CS6 a couple of months ago so your claims already have holes. I will see if other people have solutions that don’t cost me thirty Australian dollars a month for eternity.

• Tero Ahlfors

October 26, 2021 at 2:29 pm

The CUDA acceleration back then was limited to a few cards, but could be hacked on for some cards that had enough VRAM and cores. I don’t doubt that it showed up, but I kinda doubt it did much because CS6 is quite limited what it actually did with the GPU. Even with a supported card there were a bunch of issues so one would use software rendering anyway. Also it didn’t help with H264 encoding/decoding. Only some effects, scaling, deinterlacing etc.

CC supports hardware accelerated encoding/decoding on supported CPUs and GPUs.

If you don’t want to update Premiere then there is the free version of Resolve.

• Paul Nicholson

October 27, 2021 at 2:45 am

I turned the kettle on and the computer blacked out so I had to start again. This time I selected 5Mbps and CBR instead of 10Mbps and 2 Pass. It exported within 70 minutes. Thank God. No need to upgrade to CC and empty my bank account forever.

• Rich Rubasch

October 28, 2021 at 10:26 pm

What I do is set my sequence to ProRes 422. When I export it, I match the sequence so I am exporting a ProRes 422. I choose “Use Previews” and assuming the sequence is rendered it might only take a few minutes to export the whole thing. I then use the ProRes 422 in Media encoder to make my h264.

When you use a different codec than the sequence to export it actually has to re render everything into the new codec. But not if you simply export in the exact sequence settings then encode to your heart’s content in Media Encoder.

I just saved you hours!

• Tero Ahlfors

October 29, 2021 at 6:29 am

CS6 doesn’t have prores on Windows.

• Rich Rubasch

November 20, 2021 at 10:30 pm

I see…didn’t see that it was Windows on CS6. Still my point still applies. Export whatever codec you have been using in your sequence Preview setting and after you render the sequence make sure you match that setting on export. BAM probably about 2 minutes to export.

Then encode that clip to whatever other formats and sizes you want. Waaaaay faster than waiting the 70 minutes. Workflow baby!

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy