Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Photoshop Wet pixels/ Corel painter wet brush type of tools

  • Wet pixels/ Corel painter wet brush type of tools

  • Anna Hahn

    October 3, 2018 at 12:44 am

    In Corel Painter I love the wetting agent brush and the other brushes that cause the paint underneath them to run the same way it would if it were real watercolor/wet pigment

    Is there a way to use these brushes or other similar brushes to effect pixels of a photograph that is not painted within Painter or another piece of software? ie. If I have an image of a street scene and I want to make it look like someone spilled water on the photograph and it made the ink the photo was printed with begin to run~ is there a way create this effect with a painter brush? If not can anyone recommend any other tools that might be able to accomplish this?

    thanks so much!

  • Kalleheikki Kannisto

    October 5, 2018 at 3:06 pm

    It’s been years since I used Painter, but it might work (in Painter) if you use clone as the color source for a wet brush and paint on a new wet layer.

    Kalleheikki Kannisto
    Senior Graphic Designer

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

Log in to reply.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy