Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

• Stacey Dunleavy

May 14, 2021 at 3:54 pm

My latest hurdle: finding a free web host. (I’d sign up for CodePen Pro, but I really can’t spare $100 for the first year right now)

I did a basic AfterEffects web banner as a spec piece at work – of course now they want clickable links to go to our social media sites. So, after some research I realized it was better to just recreate it in Adobe Animate. I figured out the slightly different commands to get the same animation and studied my brain out as to how to add links. I also just made a VERY simple file with a linked button that I want to test before adding that functionality to my final animation.

I followed every direction in so many tutorials I can’t count, I got a working sample going – but when I published an HTML file, my link wasn’t working. After beating my head against the wall with Adobe Tech support, they told me the HTML has to be uploaded to a server.

So, who knows of a decent free host so I can preview animations like this?

• Patrick Blackard

May 14, 2021 at 4:53 pm

Try WordPress.com (not wordpress.org)

WordPress.com has free levels and you start with a theme (template) that gives you a full basic site (home page, blog pages, “about” page, etc. Plenty to do what you want, and you will be using WordPress, easy to use if you can master After Effects. Better than starting with Wix or something that locks you in to a proprietary environment.

• Stacey Dunleavy

May 14, 2021 at 5:03 pm

I have a WordPress domain, but I’m looking for some place that lets me upload raw code and art files. I’m also trying to create a portfolio site of working HTML – banners, emails, etc.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy