-
Video lagging 4 frames behind audio in Premiere Pro 1.5
I just installed a BMD Decklink SP card into my NLE running Premiere Pro 1.5 and am taking it for a test drive. Video plays back on the external monitor perfectly, scrubbing in clip window and timeline is responsive and solid but there is an A/V sync problem.
I am playing back some video footage that was captured via firewire on a Decklink DV preset project. Video plays 4 frames behind the audio and I can’t figure out why. I can manually fix it by sliding the audio track back on the timeline 4 frames behind the video, but in the long run that is just no way to live. Can it be a throughput problem? I am running a single 7200 SATA drive on the mobo controller. I know this isn’t exactly an ideal setup for moving video data in realtime, but I didn’t think a single stream of DV would be an issue — even with a single drive config. This video was captured before I installed the card so it uses a generic DV codec rather than the BM DV codec. Would this be an issue? Or could it be due wimpy throughout? I sure hope this can be resolved or I am a dead man, as I have a lot of work piling up.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
btw, I am running a dual XEON 3.0 GHz w/ 2G RAM.