Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums DaVinci Resolve Venice 2 5.8k 6:5 desqueeze settings

• Venice 2 5.8k 6:5 desqueeze settings

David Baud updated 2 weeks, 3 days ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Jon Hensen

June 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm

Hello there,

Is anyone able to advise on recommended steps for properly desqueezing 6:5 (factor by 2.0x).

Was reading that 6:5 as opposed to 4:3 avoids the need to pillarbox crop:

<i data-stringify-type=”italic”>”Anamorphic lenses don’t actually need the full width of the 4:3 image; they squeeze the 2.39:1 image by a factor of 2, and the resulting area used on the sensor has a 1.195:1 aspect ratio, which is roughly 1.2:1, which is 6:5. When shooting with anamorphic lenses in 4:3 sensor mode, you always have to crop the extra area to the left and right of the image in <i data-stringify-type=”italic”>post<i data-stringify-type=”italic”>, an extra processing step that is avoided by shooting in 6:5.”

Would properly desqueezing be any different than the 4:3? Do we just simply modify clip attributes aspect ratio to 2:1?

Apologies if this is not asked correctly or clearly, a bit of new territory for me, just asking for a helping hand!

Thanks!

• David Baud

June 17, 2022 at 9:50 pm

This is what I would have done from the Clip attributes panel. Do you have any chart recorded so you can double check the result?

You can also check this website:

https://www.sharegrid.com/learn/lens-test-home

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy