Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Velocity Envelope

• Velocity Envelope

Lon French updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Lon French

August 2, 2021 at 4:50 am

I’m just wondering if there is any way of moving the default 100% placement height of the Velocity Envelope higher in the video window. Currently, the default 100% speed Velocity line is pretty low in the video track. This makes it pretty touchy to adjust it down without going too far and reversing the speed of the track, or just going past the desired Velocity. It’s hard to grab and adjust it down, because there is so little room to move it down without going past the desired speed.
    In the attached photo, the green line is the default height. I made a red arrow and a pink line to show where it would be nice if the 100% speed line would show up when the “Insert/Remove Envelope > Velocity” is inserted in the video.

• Phil Loarie

August 2, 2021 at 6:14 am

I am sorry I don’t know of a way to move the default position of the 100% line of the velocity envelope or if it is possible to move it, but here are two possible work arounds:

1) you can give yourself more room to work with by simply adjusting the vertical height of the track. Hover over the bottom portion of the left margin of the track where all the track buttons are, and an equal sign (with up and down vertical arrows attached) will appear, pull down to make the track taller or up to make it less tall.

2) you can also add a point on the velocity line then assign it a particular velocity. Right click on or below the 100% line after adding the envelope, a menu will appear to add a point. Right click on the point and another menu will appear offering different standard values or the option to “set to” your own custom value as well as delete and other options.

Sorry my screen capture can’t show these menus but here’s what an expanded track with a couple of points looks like.

• Lon French

August 2, 2021 at 1:23 pm

Thanks Phil!

I knew about the 1st one, and the 2nd is a great work around.

I appreciate it!

• Edward Troxel

August 2, 2021 at 2:39 pm

It is so low because the “top” value is 1000 and the bottom value is “-100”. So above the line is 900 values. Below the 100% line is only 200 values.

You can better control the value by holding down the CTRL key when moving the line.

• Lon French

August 2, 2021 at 2:59 pm

Thanks Edward. That explains a lot, and appreciate the Cntrl tip.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy